Brandon Rush out for season with torn ACL

Warriors sixth man Brandon Rush will miss the rest of the season after tearing the ACL in his left knee Friday night, according to his agent Mark Bartelstein.

An MRI on Saturday revealed the extent of what was clearly a gruesome injury from the night before. Rush was attempting a transition dunk with 4:09 remaining in the first quarter when he was nailed from behind by Memphis’ Zach Randolph. Rush was in agony and couldn’t put weight on the leg as he was helped into the locker room.

“It’s devastating, but we’ll put a plan together with the Warriors’ medical team, and we’ll get him back to 100 percent,” Bartelstein said. Most athletes miss between nine and 12 months after ACL surgery. “He’s crushed, as you would expect, but he’s a hard worker, and we’re going to get this right.”

Rush had a career season for the Warriors in 2011-12, and re-upped for $8 million over two years — with a player option for the 2013-14 season. His reserve role is integral to the Warriors, who use him to defend opponents’ best perimeter players.

http://blog.sfgate.com/warriors/2012/11/03/brandon-rush-is-out-for-the-season-with-torn-acl/

Not really surprising to anybody who saw the injury happen, but it still sucks to hear regardless. Losing Rush is going to be a huge blow to the Warriors as he is one of the most important players on that team.

I'd even go as far as to say that he is the 3rd most important player behind Curry and Bogut. I know it may sound crazy, but I think it is true.

For anybody who didn't see the injury, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGVzG1NTH9w

Harrison Barnes' time to shine

I'll get a better picture after tonight seeing what Jackson's gameplan is knowing that he won't have Rush in the lineup. Last night he played a two point guard lineup of Jack and Curry and moved Thompson to the 3 quite a bit. Barnes played 10 more minutes than he did in the opener against Phoenix, but I don't think that Rush's injury was a major reason for his increase in minutes. I think Jackson just wanted to play him more than 13 minutes a night.

But yeah, I think there is a good chance we may see a lot of that Jack/Curry backcourt with Thompson at the 3 with Rush out. I wouldn't be too sure that Barnes will see much more of an increased role because of this injury.

Worst news I heard all of yesterday. Right when you get the feel that Rush will be a great player in the rotation and he's out for the season. Tough to see the play again. Kelenna Azubuike went through something similar, injuring his knee right when he was starting to make a name for himself.

Barnes and Green have to step it up, as well as Jefferson and even Klay playing some three.