The NBA Offseason

Real Deal

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

First two definitely go to the Lakers and Dwight Howard respectively.

The most underrated acquisation goes to Kyle Lowry. He showed his worth in the first week of the season, while he won't sustain those ridiculous numbers through a span of 82 games, I believe he will take the Raptors to the playoffs.

Most surprising is Harden to Houston. I thought all along that Presti will sell him on resigning with OKC. Harden consistently talked about his great relationship with the organization, and more than anything, I didn't think they'd immediately call up Morey and make a deal that quickly.

My picks:

Rockets - I think LA should have stuck with Bynum, so I didn't like their moves too much. Houston got Lin, Asik, and Harden, along with some nice picks.

James Harden to Houston - Biggest rising star to move, and they got him locked up in Houston already.

Louis Williams - He'll be similar to Jamal Crawford there, but more consistent, with more potential as well.

Nets - Kind of a no brainer here. They will have the biggest improvement.

Allen to Miami - I was shocked that he went here of all places.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

• Owner

Which team made the best overall moves this offseason? Lakers.

We had three problems entering this upcoming season: Bynum did not want to be here any longer (you could just see it) and his contract was expiring, we didn't have a true point guard and haven't had one since Gary Payton, and our bench was one of the worst in the NBA. To change all of that, we dealt Bynum and traded for Dwight, sign-and-trade for Nash, and brought in Jamison and Meeks. We also re-signed Jordan Hill, who was our energy guy last year. It felt as if we did everything we were supposed to do.

Which single-player acquisition will make the biggest impact? James Harden.

I'd say Dwight Howard, if we're talking about the Lakers' future, but for this season, it was Harden. Houston needed it. Without the trade, they aren't a playoff team. Harden will be an all-star two-guard someday, more than likely this season if he continues his play, and the Rockets found the scorer and playmaker they were searching for when they traded for him.

What will prove to be the most underrated player acquisition? Jason Kidd.

I'd say Kyle Lowry here, again, if we're talking about future seasons...but Kidd is the glue guy. He's still a solid defender as well, and he can knock down threes. He's not going to dominate the ball, taking it to the rim and turning it over in traffic, putting up highly-contested shots, etc...and he has the experience, and leadership, that can wrap up a potential ECF for the Knicks.

What team will be most improved by the end of 2012-13? Brooklyn Nets.

Here, I just decided to go strictly by record. I think the Nets will show the most improvement in the wins column. I almost wanted to say the Knicks, but injuries and chemistry issues were playing big roles against them last year, while this Nets team, despite suffering injuries as well, just didn't have the lineup the Knicks have had.

Most surprising move/incident of the offseason? Nash to Los Angeles.

Nothing surprised me more, especially considering just how much us Lakers fans despised Nash over the years, and how much he hated the Lakers (even stating so this summer). Harden's trade to Houston didn't shock me THAT much...the trade itself was expected when he didn't get his extension, as talk around the area (consider where I live) was that OKC wanted to move on quickly. I was a bit shocked he landed in Houston, but then again, looking back, I can't really say I could imagine him playing for any team other than OKC, one of the LA teams (where he was born) or in Phoenix (where he went to college)...but it was unlikely that he would have been traded to the Lakers or Clippers.

My vote is Raymond Felton instead of Jason Kidd for most under the radar acquisition.

Everyone thought Felton was some type of bum coming to the Knicks, but he has been the most impressive player so far on this team. He looks tremendous and is in great physical shape.