Kyle Lowry Sprains Ankle

Happened with about 1-2 minutes left in the first half of the game against OKC. He came down on Ibaka's foot and immediately went down holding his ankle, screaming in pain. He was helped to the Raptors locker room and wasn't putting any weight on his ankle.

I don't know the severity of the sprain as the only thing I've heard is that he has a sprained ankle and will not return. Based on the way Lowry reacted, I'd be surprised if he plays against Dallas tomorrow, but when I do hear anything concrete, I'll post an update here.

Here is a picture.

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/683558393.jpg?key=19131063&Expires=1352256575&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=NK5-~bvkGB3zQ9GStAPn1xBOnENn8nUJJhFyCAslffoqcEjpzMOtECT3YqBGZf9hOo90ERlxHunor~JpKTaJRp~-1Thg1ose5WJ0iD4bKlPL-QB6vDetWxTdFuBzxVnr6IaT6XJ8DCpqt8Ad8ioxlJ~gmNBKtv36~OED67hLrz8_

RaptorsPR ‏@RaptorsPR

Kyle Lowry will not dress for tonight's game in Dallas (right ankle sprain). He will continue treatment and be re-accessed daily.#Raptors

Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun

Low ankle sprain for Lowry. Was on table getting treatment. Doesn't look like he'll be out for long

If I had to guess, I'd say he misses the Philly game, the Utah game and returns on the 13th against Indiana. I would say that he will be back on the 12th against Utah, but I think that they'll hold him out since it is the front end of a back-to-back.

The more games he misses, the bigger the hole we're going to be in. Hopefully Calderon can step up in the absence.

On the bright side, I doubt the Raptors would realistically win too many of these games to start the season even if Lowry was healthy. If he is going to get injured, and lets face it, with the way he plays, Lowry was going to eventually end up missing time sooner or later, I'd rather it be during this stretch where the Raptors would be hard pressed to win games anyways than later in the season when the schedule eases up.

In regards to Calderon, I wouldn't hold my breath. I don't see him stepping up anytime soon. The guy is closer to becoming completely irrelevant as an NBA player than being a productive one. I had high hopes for him as a backup but from what I've seen from him this season, he is the same momentum killing, turnstile he has been the last two years.

Anyways, no real update. His status for tomorrow against Philly is a "question mark" and a decision won't be made until after shoot around tomorrow.

TORONTO — Kyle Lowry walked out of the practice gym in his stocking feet Friday — minus the protective boot and any noticeable limp.

That's good news for the Toronto Raptors, who have already fallen to 1-4 on this young NBA season and sorely need their new point guard and most consistent player back in the lineup.

The Raptors host the Philadelphia 76ers (2-2) on Saturday and Lowry -- who grew up in Philly and went to Villanova -- is listed as a game-time decision.

The team's new guard didn't practise Friday, nor speak with reporters, heading straight to the treatment room to work on the right ankle he sprained Tuesday night at Oklahoma City.

"I'm sure he does (want to play the Sixers)," said Raptors coach Dwane Casey. "He's had some of his best games against Philly. If he can go, he's going to be able to go. We'll see how he feels (Saturday)."

His prognosis should be more clear after Saturday's shootaround, when Lowry is expected to talk to the media.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/basketball/Raptors+most+consistent+player+Kyle+Lowry+remains/7527360/story.html#ixzz2BnHdhEIW