DiscussHoops moving forward

Real Deal

• Owner

Shaliq has been suspended for 30 days, for excessive contact with members outside of the board (and while that's typically not a situation I should walk through, contact information has been acquired through the site, over time). The decision to act on this was supported by all staff members.

While he's on leave, I'm going to say this once: if you don't have something good to say to him, about a post he makes or a status update, then leave it at the door. Just don't. Use the ignore feature if you can't find a way to scroll a bit faster through particular posts on this website.

His suspension was warranted, but over the last few months (and, really, since he registered), he hasn't done much to deserve the shit-talking. His culture, and yours, may differ...and you can say his desire to be a registered member here is over the top...but that's a green light for you to approach him with hate, to ridicule someone that, quite frankly, makes an attempt to post basketball news and opinions more than 75% of the community.

I'm not going to type much more than this, because I'm to the point where I'm ready to accept just how bad things are getting. I'm going to update the board soon, whenever I finish skinning LakerNation, and that will give DiscussHoops new features and possibly openings to have new hooks (modifications). I just see no point in doing this, though, if nothing is going to change...and I'd be lying if I said I won't, because it's going to happen anyway...but for me, at this state, it'll be just a routine upgrade, and back to clocking in and watching the repetitive actions that we were able to overcome when we had more members to drown it out.

No, this topic doesn't give you a reason to post something ignorant about him (it would happen any other time). It would be nice to see everyone taking things seriously, for once. Some of you come here to read, post, and leave. Others are here having to do much more than that, especially through this unnecessary "conflict" between Shaliq and half of the site...so things need to change.

Im curious to see what the board will be like for the next month. There will be much less conflict, but we'll see how activity decreases. Like people have said, many of the posts Shaliq makes are pretty pointless so i dont think activity will suffer as much as some of the mods have previously said if Shaliq wasn't around.