If Bynum is healthy by February...

Real Deal

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

jalen rose was saying today on the NBA pre-game show before the thunder/clippers game that he fully expects andrew bynum not to play at all this season. he said that he thinks bynum will sit the whole season out because it basically does him no good to play -- if he plays after such a long time out and doesnt play all too well, then goes into free agency, his value isnt going to be as much as if he just sat out the whole season and asked for the maximum from another team. if he plays and cant show why he should earn a max, what time will give it to him? meanwhile, if he doesnt play at all and asks for the max, chances are some team will give him money based on merit alone.

bynum doesnt appear to be interested in playing with the sixers anyway from his body language and composure during sixers games. i think the league forces teams to wait three months to trade a player that has already been traded to you. but after those three months, i dont see why they would keep him unless he re-signs for a significantly less lucrative deal.

Well I don't understand why any team would even trade for him in Feb when they can just try to grab him a few month later in FA. With that said I think if your the Sixers you do what ever you can to show him loyalty and what not, after all when healthy he is a top 3 center in the league and for the Sixers you won't get anyone better.

He will get the max no matter what. And like ATDI mentioned I would also be very surprised if he played at any point this season. Unless its in January like the latest creditable report is saying.

• Like 1

bynum doesnt appear to be interested in playing with the sixers anyway from his body language and composure during sixers games.

Like ATDI said, he doesn't really look like he wants to be in Philly, so I wouldn't get my hopes up on re-signing him if I were the Sixers.

What is giving you guys that idea?

Edited by Phightins

• Owner

Well I don't understand why any team would even trade for him in Feb when they can just try to grab him a few month later in FA.

Some teams won't have the cap room, and with the new CBA rules, if a S&T puts you $4 million (or more) above the tax threshold, it can't be made.

Can't wait to see Cleveland max him. Then act surprised when Kyrie leaves 4-5 years from now.

Maybe by then Gilbert will be smart enough to write his angry letter in Times New Roman...

As for Bynum, you trade his ass if he still has decent value. You can't build around a guy who is pretty much guaranteed for at least 20 missed games every season. And honestly, he's not good enough to build a contender around. People just buy into the 'talented center' hype too much.

Edited by Nitro

How can you tell this? He is sitting on the sidelines in street clothes.

Haha let's be fair, a $1000 suit isn't street clothes. im not trying to criticize bynum. by all accounts, he seems like a pretty good dude. to me, <-- key words, he lets of the impression that hes not exactly the happiest person in philadelphia right now. maybe thats because of injuries, maybe its because the sixers have been a very average team so far and hes frustrated he cant do much to help at this moment, or maybe its because his heart is already looking at whats beyond philadelphia already. again, i cant know for sure, but its just the impression i get.