Early Season Surprises?

Check my Stats

Melo developing a heart?

Kobe playing MVP basketball and randomly deciding he doesn't want to settle for contested 18 footers anymore and taking more shots at the rim than he has maybe ever in his career? Seriously, look at his shot chart, it is nothing short of amazing, if you compared the last 5 years to his shots this year, you'd think you were looking at 2 different players, his production right now is actually very sustainable, unlike someone like OJ Mayo who is just super hot right now.

http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Kobe%20Bryant

Memphis looking elite?

Kemba?

Raptors sucking? Just kidding, who is really surprised other than us delusional Raps fans.

Batum rounding into an all-star?

Bosh turning into Miami's second best player?

What has surprised you most so far about an 8th of the way into this season? For me it is Kobe. I can't wait to watch them play Memphis tonight, I might watch that instead of the Raptors game. I still wonder how his role is going to change once Nash comes back, they can't just use him as a spot up shooter when he is playing like this. Kemba Walker is right there for me too. The kid can play, and he is quick as [expletive], he literally ran down the court and beat the entire Raptors team for a layup... not a huge achievement, but still lightning quick.

New York has been my biggest surprise. They have been without their 2nd best player in Amare, and probably also their 4th or 5th best player in Shumpert, yet they are 8-2. I didn't expect Felton to come into the season in shape and as on point as he has been, definitely didn't expect Kidd and Smith to be this hot over such a big sample size, didn't expect Melo to tone down his chucking when he's not feeling it, and didn't expect their older guys like Sheed to be this effective and in tune with the rest of the team this early. Their defense has been the best I've seen all year next to maybe Memphis, and their offense has been free-flowing with all parts moving in sync. They look great.

Kevin Martin heading towards the most efficient season from a perimeter player in NBA history has been a surprise to me.

Charlotte being 6-4, with the little talent they have, has been a surprise.

Boston struggling so much, despite getting younger and deeper has taken me a bit off guard, though I expect them to improve a lot.

I expected Iguodala to mesh a lot more smoothly than he has so far in George Karl's system.

Lastly, Anthony Davis' offense being so effective has been a big surprise to me. I thought for sure it'd take him at least 1-2 seasons before his scoring production would reach the late teens, but he's proven me wrong.

• Like 1

Kemba being efficient is pretty surprising. I still need to watch him play which is surprising in that I actually want to watch the bobcats.

Lillard has been playing like a veteran starter.

That harden trade came really early, and he played really well at first. Since his first wk tho he dropped of a little. I'm looking for him to pick it up.

jr Smith is playing well. People are expecting him to drop off offensively but it seems he's committed to defense. The knicks in general have overall been the biggest surprise. I think everyone was expecting Miami dominating the East all season. I just wonder if amare will be a surprisingly good fit.

Edited by Lemon

Raptors sucking fat cock.

But to choose something not biased I'll say the Bobcats are the biggest surprise for me. I didn't expect them to be much better at all then they were last season, and they have proved me wrong so far. I don't think they will stay a playoff team, or even close to it, but the fact that they already have 6 wins this season and they only won 7 last season is very huge.

Everything about NY has been surprising, from Melo being their best overall play to Sheed coming back and making an immediate impact. I had thought coming into the season that Kidd was going to be in charge of offense but that really hasnt been the case at all. Melo has been their best scorer and playmaker. I knew Melo was going to come into the season and compete big time for the scoring title after the Olympic run he had, but coming back so unselfish and smarter i didnt see coming.

Both The Kembacats and Bucks sitting at 6-4 has to be a surprise, i had my mind set on them being the bottom 5 teams in the east but so far that hasn't been the case, as they are sitting 3&4 in the East.

Klay Thompson? a shit ton of people this year were saying it going to be his break out year, hes gonna be the best three point shooter in the league, top 5 sg in the league and so on. That hasnt been the case at all. While he is scoring a decent 14ppg, it is coming very inefficiently as he is shooting a terrible 35% from the field and an even worse 32% for three.

Finally Jermey [expletive]ing Lin. 10ppg on 33% shooting and 22% from three. smh.

Lin shouldnt be a surprise, I tried to tell you guys for the past 3 months.

Oh no i knew it. I hated his signing when we got him. Was mad pissed that we decided to go with Lin over both Lowery and Dragic. With that being said i still thought he would put up more than 10 a game for us.

I'll go with something that hasnt been mentioned and that's the T-Wolves going .500 without Love and Rubio. They made some solid acquisitions in the offseason particularly AK47 and Alexey Schved. And Pekovic seems to be living up to the hype from last season. They're a playoff team without a doubt with a healthy roster. Adelman has the team going in the right direction.

I'll go with something that hasnt been mentioned and that's the T-Wolves going .500 without Love and Rubio. They made some solid acquisitions in the offseason particularly AK47 and Alexey Schved. And Pekovic seems to be living up to the hype from last season. They're a playoff team without a doubt with a healthy roster. Adelman has the team going in the right direction.

Never thought of that, good point. I expected them to be brutal without Rubi and Love

Martin hasn't really been a surprise for me. I've been saying for years that he could be a monster 3rd option (percentage wise) in the right situation.

Finally Jermey [expletive]ing Lin. 10ppg on 33% shooting and 22% from three. smh.

Eh. His shooting woes are completely due to a lack of confidence and he's done practically everything else on the court just fine. I'd give it more time, hopefully his shot comes around.

Yeah, you're a real basketball guru. Lin's struggled to adapt to a team that acquired a superstar like two days before the first game. Lin had a really nice game last night versus NY, didn't turn the ball over or force the issue.

Lin is still a good player and will be. Is he a superstar PG, like a D-will or CP3? No. Has anyone said that on this site? If so, I haven't seen it. Has anyone said he was worth 28 million dollars? Again, if they have, I haven't seen it.