Andrea Bargnani's Historic Game

His 2-19 (10.5%) shooting was the worst in Raptors history for a player who attempted at least 16 shots.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=TOR&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&round_is_ec1=Y&round_is_ecs=Y&round_is_ecf=Y&round_is_wc1=Y&round_is_wcs=Y&round_is_wcf=Y&round_is_fin=Y&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=fga&c1comp=gt&c1val=16&c2stat=fg_pct&c2comp=lt&c2val=20&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=fg_pct&order_by_asc=Y

3rd worst FG% by a PF/C with a minimum of 19 shots in the last 28 years.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&round_is_ec1=Y&round_is_ecs=Y&round_is_ecf=Y&round_is_wc1=Y&round_is_wcs=Y&round_is_wcf=Y&round_is_fin=Y&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=fga&c1comp=gt&c1val=19&c2stat=fg_pct&c2comp=lt&c2val=20&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=fg_pct&order_by_asc=Y

One of only 2 players in NBA history to score 4 points on 19 or more shots.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=&round_is_ec1=Y&round_is_ecs=Y&round_is_ecf=Y&round_is_wc1=Y&round_is_wcs=Y&round_is_wcf=Y&round_is_fin=Y&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=pts&c1comp=lt&c1val=4&c2stat=fga&c2comp=gt&c2val=19&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts

http://i.qkme.me/3rwywo.jpg

Taking him over Rudy Gay is still one of the all time draft blunders to me.

I don't think Gay was even in the discussion for first pick. Hence him falling to 8. Picking Bargs over Aldridge (when you consider his ties with Bosh too from Texas, I don't know how he wasn't first... I guess Colangelo just wanted to be innovative.. smh) being brutal I'll give you, but other than that...

Its like saying we should have taken Rondo.

The Bargs pick was just a victim of a bad draft. Considering the other top 5 picks (Morrison, Tyrus and Shelden) we walked away not too bad. I hate bargs and want him gone, but it was just a bad draft. I don't think Colangelo is the only one who was infatuated with Bargnani either, the difference is that another GM would have admitted the experiment failed, and dealt him this past summer at the absolute latest.

If you put the exact same player as a prospect now, I guarantee you he is a top 3 pick. Just watch the videos of him when he was 19-20. Jan [expletive]ing Vesely is a top pick in this league. There is no denying that he was a tantalizing prospect, the problem has been in his development, or lack there of.

Edited by Check my Stats

How many of these attempts were inside the paint? If the majority were all high percentage shots then this is a major problem.

If Bargnani was launching it all night long then he gets a minor pass (considering the opponent in that game). These frigid

outputs happen often to primary options in offenses. The guy WAS hella amazing coming out of Europe, though. I guess

Raptor country is ready to pull the plug on this.

How many of these attempts were inside the paint? If the majority were all high percentage shots then this is a major problem.

If Bargnani was launching it all night long then he gets a minor pass (considering the opponent in that game). These frigid

outputs happen often to primary options in offenses. The guy WAS hella amazing coming out of Europe, though. I guess

Raptor country is ready to pull the plug on this.

They were pretty much all mid-range and 3-point attempts. I don't really give him a pass for that though. He just kept jacking up shot after shot. IMO he shouldn't have taken another shot once he was around 1-10 he should have stopped shooting.