Knicks - Lakers

NomarFachix

New York sends:

Amar'e Stoudemire

Los Angeles sends:

Pau Gasol

I know you knew who the players were before you even opened it, but the salaries match, and they fit each other's systems better than they fit their own. You know he'd fit right in with the coach and the city, but would LA take a risk on Stoudemire's health? Can't imagine they would, but both healthy.. I think this is a good swap.

Definitely works for the Knicks...they get out of Amare's contract, and Pau would definitely fit in better with NY than Amare does.

As for the Lakers, I don't know. If Amare comes back healthy, then he would fit in nicely with Nash, but will there be enough shots to go around with Kobe, Dwight, etc..? And if Amare isn't scoring, he's not too effective. Also, his uninsured contract is a bitch, and when the new luxery tax penalties hit the Lakers will have a real problem (although if any team can afford that tax, it's LA).

Hmm...It does make some sense, but I just don't see LA giving up Pau Gasol, whom Bryant seemingly loves. Also, if you're the Lakers, you sacrifice defense and rebounding a lot in this deal.

As a Knick fan, I'd love this trade...but, it'll never happen.

• Owner

He'd fit better, but I think the Buss family has a plan for 2014, considering the way they set up these contracts.

Amare would make all of that impossible, unless we lost Dwight...and I doubt that's the plan.

If Amare didn't have that one extra year, I'd definitely consider it.

• Owner

Hmm...It does make some sense, but I just don't see LA giving up Pau Gasol, whom Bryant seemingly loves.

We traded Derek Fisher, who is basically Kobe's brother from another mother...who shares all five of Bryant's championships with him.

We would trade Gasol, if we found the right deal. At the end of the day, Kobe wants to win. If Gasol is in the way, it doesn't matter how close those two are.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone thinks Gasol would be a great fit in NY but the more i think about it the more i think thats wrong. The reason Anthony is doing so good this year is becuase hes playing at the four spot a lot more without Amare around and it creates matchup problems. But bringing Gasol in would move Anthony back to the 3 where hes less effective. It puts Gasol and Chandler down low and takes away what the Knicks have been doing the best this year, shooting the three. It would give the Knicks a consistant post scorer that they dont have now. I dont know if it would make them a better team overall though.