Interesting observation concerning the scoring leaders...

Real Deal

• Owner

I was looking up the top ten leading scorers, and I ran across this...

Kobe

Durant

Carmelo

LeBron

Harden

Westbrook

Aldridge

Bosh

Those are the only players (eight of them) that are averaging 20+ PPG this season (so far).

The last time a season contained eight or less averaging 20+ PPG? 1964-1965.

I realize it's not mid-April yet, but if this stays consistent, you have to start looking at the NBA's "superteams" and how they have changed the game a bit. I mean, Wade would be on this list without his two teammates...and so would Pierce, and Howard...maybe even CP3 and Griffin (if they were split up).

Dirk would be on the list if he wasn't injured...but that would still make just nine, and that particular number still holds the 1965 comparison.

• Owner

Irving and Love are also averaging over 20 but i don't think they have played enough games to be counted in this.

WELP...so much for this topic, lol. I completely forgot about those two putting in their 20-plus.

Obviously super teams are having an effect on the game, but we're also at a transition period in the NBA right now. The stars of the 00s are getting older and are unable to put up these numbers while the younger players haven't reached their ability to consistently score 20 points every night. I do think as the season wears on we'll see guys scoring averages go up again. Like mentioned with Irving and Love, there are guys hurt and what not.