Kevin Love on the block?

As a Laker fan looking at the situation from our perspective it's no wonder I believe now why Minnesota has been trying to get Pau Gasol now with a package of Derrick Williams, and Nikola Pekovic plus some draft picks while keeping Love now. It's because in my opinion after Minnesota hoped to obtain Pau they would've shipped Love off for a All Star wing player to complement Gasol, and Rubio. But anyways read this article to understand how I put the pieces together. I'm evened shock at what Glen Taylor as Wolves owner said/

For everyone else still stunned over the Minnesota Timberwolves' owner and general manager downright daring the franchise's best player to leave for free agency in two years, Kevin Love promises to be a professional, promises All-Star performance and productivity. Over the organization's refusal to designate him as the cornerstone, though, there come no promises of forgiveness from Love. No assurance it won't chase him out the door and out of the franchise forever someday.

"I don't know who labels people stars, but even [T'wolves owner] Glen Taylor said: I don't think Kevin Love is a star, because he hasn't led us to the playoffs," Love told Yahoo! Sports. "I mean, it's not like I had much support out there.

"That's a tough pill to swallow."

No, Kevin Love isn't over Taylor and GM David Kahn refusing him what he had earned. He isn't over Kahn marching into the trainer's room after a loss and thrusting a contract offer sheet into his hands. Where else does it work that way in the NBA? "I'm not the one to always follow professional protocol – but I do know what it is, even at 24 years old," Love says.

Perhaps those issues wouldn't still be so raw had the franchise responded differently when Love broke his hand in a preseason workout. In a regimen he's done most of his life, Love fractured a bone thrusting himself to his feet upon completion of a round of knuckle pushups. He missed a month on the floor, but his ears missed nothing from those in management whispering that maybe the injury didn't happen the way Love insisted it did.

"Even people in my own organization were asking if it was a legitimate injury, people calling my honesty and integrity into question," Love says. "And that's what really hurt me."

This guy is so gone after this contract. I don't know if I feel sorry for Minnesota or not. They've done some good things but a lot of brutal things, probably more brutal things.

I doubt he is even remotely on the trading block though. Then again I wouldn't put anything past Kahn.

• Owner

I've always felt like Love was a guy who would eventually take advantage of free agency, very early, without really toughing it out with the bad team he's with. I was kind of surprised he signed the extension with Minny, but then again, once you land that money, you can always find a way to get traded (ex. bitching in public).

If there's any reason why Kahn wants Gasol here...well, first off, I'd think it would be Marc, but whatever...it's because Pau is from Spain, and Rubio wants it. There's nothing else to want Gasol for.

Doubt it happens, but since 2008, I really don't know why I keep doubting Mitch Kupchak. The Gasol trade, Sessions for Walton and Kapono, Drew for Dwight, Nash using the TPE and picks...seems like nothing is ever out of reach.

Misleading title, how is being uncertain of his relationship/future with the team mean he's on the trade block? He's locked in for around 3 more years now, plenty of time to put a contender around him and the team is still very young led by a HoF coach.