Smith and Watt in reach of Strahan's record.

htownborn

Will Strahan's record be broken  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As of right now both Aldon Smith and JJ Watt are tied at 19.5 sacks, the record for sacks in a season is 22.5 set by Michael Strahan and both have a chance of breaking it. With 2 games left for Watt and 3 games left for Smith including today, who looks more likely to break and set a new record.

Honestly I think the record will be broken by both guys depending on if Watt can get a sack next week.

I'm confident that if he play's the last game of the season he will have more sacks. I don't think he will set the record though, I think Smith has the best chance of setting the new record though

Edited by htownborn

It'll be tough for Smith to get to Brady today but I still think he can set the record. The dude is an animal.

I think Smith could get a sack today. Even though the Texans D sucked against the Pats Watt was still able to get to Brady a couple of times just couldn't sack him. Our problem was that our pass rush as a whole was terrible that along with man to man coverage and poor offensive execution but that's another story.

With Justin Smith in front of Aldon taking on most the double teams Aldon should be in the backfield with Brady if not sack him on a couple of plays.

Edited by htownborn

As of today Watt has 20.5 sacks and Smith is still at 19.5.

Seeing as the Texans lost to the Vikings today and still need a win to secure home field advantage I believe Watt will be playing next game. If Watt play's the entire game next week I think he should be able to get the record he sacked Luck 3 times the last time we played so I hope he can repeat that.

As for Aldon he still has a chance of getting the record but now I think Watt has the better chance of breaking it before Smith does. He goes against an Arizona Cardinals team who's offensive line is just as good as a Pop Warner football team so he should meet up with the Kolb or Skelton more than a couple of times.

Edited by htownborn