The Clippers Record-Setting Winning Streak

#CLIPSET  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I can't say I'm impressed with the Clippers' 17-game winning streak. Almost all wins came against crappy or struggling teams:

http://i46.tinypic.com/11soyfc.png

http://i.imgur.com/JFgXR.png

However, a streak is a streak, and this one happens to break the franchise record, breaking the old mark set by the Bob McAdoo-led Buffalo Braves during the 1974-75 season.

http://i.imgur.com/RvTMN.png

As of Dec. 28th, 2012 9:00 AM (ET)

So, when will it end? Also, when will the current 6-game road winning streak end?

Edited by Sħãlïq

I voted vs. GS, vs. GS, and @ Memphis. I think any game after the Memphis game is going to be hard, because they're due to lose.

I also voted vs. GS as opposed @ GS, because GS is 5-5 in their last 10 games at STAPLES. So they have a recent history of not only playing well, but winning, at STAPLES.

I didn't pick Denver, because I don't trust Denver's perimeter players. Let's say the frontcourt between the two teams is a wash, or that Denver even has the edge. I don't think Iguodala and Lawson can play well enough to beat Paul, Bledsoe, Crawford, and an occasional burst from Greene. The Clippers have so many guards that one of them is due to play well. They can't all have bad games.

The biggest concern against Denver is Denver's rebounding. I have not been happy with the Clippers rebounding for most of the year, and I could see all of Denver's bigs (or even their guards too) outrebounding the Clippers by 15-19.

I didn't pick Dallas, because they just don't look that good, and I don't trust their guards.

Orlando, I could see someone like Nicholson having a big game, Redick too. I think Orlando will be tougher than Dallas. But if they got past that, then I think beating Memphis will be tough. You have to be ready and have a lot of energy and be able to handle their physical play, and it just seems like if the Clippers are going to lose, it will be to a good team that plays physical and has a growing rivalry. Conley Jr. has also impressed me over the years. I used to think he was just one of those average players, but he's a solid defender, he has some leadership, he can make a jumper. I like the way he runs a team. More than someone like Lawson, for example.

It's awesome we're discussing if the Clippers will lose one game in December!

I would say one thing missing in this streak is a history-making type game itself.

For example, while this wasn't during a long winning streak, when the Clippers and Hornets played in March 2006, the Clippers held the Hornets to 8 points in the 3rd quarter, and 8 points in the 4th quarter.

16 points in a half.

Whether it's with total offense, FG%, points in the paint, 3-point shooting, bench scoring, starters scoring, total assists, total steals, total blocks, 5 turnovers or less, or most players in double-figures in a game, that's something that would be cool if the Clippers did it in a game.

If they had one of those games that stands out with respect to some of these stats.