Cleveland @ L.A. Clippers

• 5 months later...

Eric Gordon has been great in this game. He has done an excellent job at utilizing his quickness to create seperation for him to get his jumper off. He is also doing a very good job at mixing up his offense and keeping the Cavs defense off guard. He isn't just settling for jumpers which is keeping the defense on their toes when he has the ball.

I haven't watched him yet this season as all of the Clipper games that I have seen this season were when he was injured, but he looks really good. I have always liked his game and thought that he could've easily been a top 5 pick in last years draft and if this game is any indication, he looks like he is making progress on what was a very good rookie season last year. He has 26 points so far and I would be willing to bet he is doing it very efficiently as I haven't seen him miss a shot yet.

Rasual Butler has been great tonight as well. I think he has like 27 points or something. His jumper has looked fantastic tonight.

The Clippers have done a good job of not allowing the Cavs to get on a run so far. Whenever it seems like they are about to make a run Gordon or Butler have hit a big jumper to put an end to the Cavs momentum.

And just as I type that, Butler hits a deep 3 to halt a Cavs run.

Fun Fact: With Butler scoring 30 points in this game, he becomes only the 2nd Clipper player to score 30 in a game this season. The other? Al Thonrton. I would've figured that Kaman, Davis or Gordon would've dropped 30 this season.

Clippers should give the ball to Gordon here and let him create something. He has done a really good job all game at being able to get a good look when Williams or West have been guarding him. Space the floor with a bunch of shooters and let him go to work.

Another option is to try and get Butler open for a look. Run him off of some screens as he has been lights out tonight.

Dunleavy is an idiot though, so he doesn't draw any play up and the Clippers end up with Baron Davis taking a fadeaway 20 footer over Anderson Varejao. Great coaching, Dumbleavy.

MIKE DUNLEAVY NEEDS TO BE FIRED. What a loser.

Thats better. :glasses:

PS: I agree with what you wrote as well, lol.

The difference in this game though was LeBron James. LeBron made plays in pressure situations while the Clippers simply didn't have a player that was capable of making plays in pressure situations.