Will Kobe average 30 ppg this season?

kingfish

• Owner

Nah. The Lakers will start winning games, Kobe won't have to put the team on his back all the time (to get us back into games), we'll have the Howard/Nash P&R to go to quite often, and he should be content with around 25-26 PPG with less minutes...getting easier looks, less ISO's, a bit less on the minutes.

Dreamland, maybe...but that's all if we start to click.

• Like 1

No. Eventually Dwight will start to be more a force offensively, Pau will get into a groove in this offense, and Nash will do some scoring as well running the PnR. I don't see Kobe avg more than 25 ppg as long as everyone stays healthy.

Edited by JYD

I think if he does or even gets close (26+) the Lakers are doing something very wrong.

I think we will average around 25 but will be scoring very efficiently not the way he is right now. When Nash Dwight and Pau get more and more comfortable with each other easier and easier baskets will come. Kobe will do most of his damage near first and third ends when both Nash and a big go out.

For kobe to average 30 a game this year, he would have to average quite a lot of shot attempts, more than is healthy for the Lakers with the offensive talent they possess with dwight and pau. So while I would love to see it happen, the Lakers most likely would not benefit from it.

• Owner

Hopefully for the Lakers sake he doesn't. Their record is shit when he does. Last time I checked it had improved to around 2-10 when he scored 30 points, but that was a week or two ago.

Well, that usually happens because we find ourselves down in games, and there's only one player on our team that can bring us back into it.

It doesn't help that Kobe can drop 40 on high efficiency (13-24 FG), while Ron Artest can shoot 4-13, Meeks 2-11, and Jamison not play a single minute on the floor, and we lose ALSO because we can't defend (all tonight, but has been like that the entire season).

When we're down 15+ in a game, Kobe goes for broke. A lot of times, it does help us...but we can't get back down the court to play defense, so he's basically just making sure we don't lose by 40...and the day after, all people see is that Kobe dropped 40 AND we lost.

Kobe is the last person to blame for the losses. Last year, and even the year before, he wasn't the same Kobe I've watched for years...but this season is different.

If he does, the Lakers are screwed because that would mean him/the offense freezing out 2 of Nash/Pau/Dwight.

As I said before the season started, the offense needs to start and end with Nash. He is the one who will make everything click and give the team balance.