Kobe Bryant Joins Twitter

I understand how it could be a topic on a message board, but ESPN made it a part of their news today, lol. Hilarious.

Yeah. I was listening to ESPN Radio today on my way to and from work and they mentioned it like three times.

I can assure you Kobe is one person I won't be following. :lol:

Probably had to buy it or something. I don't really know how that works but I'm sure it was taken before.

I thought what they did was prevent people from using names of celebrities and athletes, unless they can prove they really are him/her. At least thats how they do it on facebook.

Only 446,128 followers? C'mon...

Time - Number of followers:

12:50 PM - 693,957

12:53 PM - 693,963

12:55 PM - 693,977

12:57 PM - 694,220

It was at 694,297 right before I follwed him... a click later it said 694,309. Kobe will have more than a million followers before OTR's 8th birthday.

Edited by Sħãlïq

• 2 weeks later...

Time - Number of followers:

12:50 PM - 693,957

12:53 PM - 693,963

12:55 PM - 693,977

12:57 PM - 694,220

It was at 694,297 right before I follwed him... a click later it said 694,309. Kobe will have more than a million followers before OTR's 8th birthday.

900K+ and there are still 5 days to OTR's anniversary!!

• 4 weeks later...

Kobe Bryant tweets in China

BEIJING -- He has not uttered one word yet, but Kobe Bryant's mere presence on a Twitter-like Chinese-language microblogging site has stirred plenty of excitement.

Sina Weibo has verified that the NBA superstar has set up an individual account on its hugely popular site. Bryant's followers numbered more than 100,000 within hours on Thursday.

Bryant is widely known and extremely popular in China. The Los Angeles Lakers star has several fan pages on Sina Weibo.

One of them -- "Home of Kobe" -- has more than 200,000 followers. Along with other sites, it posted a welcome message for Bryant and encouraged fans to leave comments for him by promising to help translate some of the remarks.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8946892/los-angeles-lakers-kobe-bryant-tweets-china-social-media-sina-weibo

Sina Weibo? Smart move!