Mavs Add 37-yr-old Mike James

Mike, why don’t you give the game up? You’re 37 years old and have already played at the highest level. What’s left? For now, at least one more crack at the NBA when he signs a 10-day contract with the Mavericks this week.

James had just scored 11 points and dealt four assists for the Texas Legends in a win over the Idaho Stampede at the NBA D-League Showcase on Monday when he got the news. He will become likely the oldest NBA D-League call-up ever.

“These young guys still haven’t shown me that I’m not good enough to play in the league,” James said. “When it gets to the point where the young guys can stop me consistently and there’s nothing I can do against them, then I’ll know it’s time. But they haven’t shown me that yet. The only thing that tells me age is my birthday."

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/01/07/mavericks-to-add-37-year-old-james/

Thoughts?

Back in the day Mike James was that [expletive]a...a spark during the Pistons '04 run, and made a big impact on the '05 Rockets, and then was like a 20PPG scorer with Toronto.

Edited by Nitro