GQ+A with Jamal Crawford

Awesome Q and A with JCrossover. Some bits that stood out:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2hrep2e.png

Q: But for you, if you just looked at the Clippers roster this summer, even though they didn't make it out of the second round of the Playoffs last season, having a chance to team up with all that talent had to be an attractive choice.

Jamal Crawford: Totally. It's an unbelievable collection of players. You know how sometimes you look at a team and think, "We had a good year but we need this?" With this team it's not like, "We need a scorer," or, "We need a point guard." We pretty much have everything. We still have to get healthy, with Chauncey and Grant still being out, but it's scary how good we can be.

GQ: In a way does it feel like after 13 seasons in the NBA, you've finally found the place where you fit in?

Jamal Crawford: No question. This feels like home. It's weird because I haven't had this type of feeling of a place feeling like home since New York. You know, my first nine years I only played for two teams, Chicago and New York. And the only reason I got traded from New York was the 2010 free agency period, when they had a chance to sign LeBron and D-Wade and that whole class, and I understood that. But from there it's kind of been a roller coaster. Playing with these guys, playing with Chris and Blake and DeAndre and Chauncey and Grant, this is home.

GQ: To me the most amazing stat—and this kind of speaks to what a wild ride it's been for you—is that you've had a different head coach every year of your career.

Jamal Crawford: Actually, I've had sixteen head coaches. That's, like, unbelievable, right?

GQ: It's incredible.

Jamal Crawford: And you've got to figure, every coach has a different way they see you fitting on their team, a different way they want to use you. I'm glad that I'm here with Coach Del Negro, and we'll get him locked up long-term and keep this group together for a while.

GQ: Well, I hope for your sake you get a chance to have the same coach two full seasons in a row.

Jamal Crawford: If we do what we're supposed to do, everybody will be good.

Hollywood Shuffle: A GQ+A With Jamal Crawford