Jamal Crawford making All-Star push

JAMAL CRAWFORD MAKING ALL-STAR PUSH

by Eric Patten

http://i45.tinypic.com/2n0sx21.png

Jamal Crawford is an All-Star.

It might seem unconventional. It might seem unbelievable. But the Clippers’ reserve guard and leading Sixth Man of the Year candidate has more than a worthy case.

The Clippers own the second best record in the NBA, one of two teams remaining with single-digit losses. Crawford is the team’s third leading scorer (16.6 points per game) and ranks third among all players with 243 fourth-quarter points behind only Kobe Bryant and Kevin Durant.

His performance Tuesday in Houston, the site of next month’s All-Star festivities, was likely enough evidence in its own right. With superstar Chris Paul out of the lineup due to a bruised right kneecap, Crawford led Clippers to their 30th win, notching a season-high 30 points with a dazzling performance that included baskets on five consecutive possessions in the opening minutes of the fourth.

Read More

Crawford is one of the first names that springs to my mind when thinking of All-Star reserves this season.

• Owner

Well, Jeremy Lin is going to help ruin it for him.

Starters will be Kobe (which is a given) and Lin in the backcourt.

That means that CP3 will take up a reserve guard spot. One less for Crawford to fill.

Harden will get the backup two spot, since he's the third-best SG in the NBA.

SG - Kobe, Harden

PG - Lin, CP3

From there, you have the following players competing for reserve guard positions (IF there's even a fifth to hand out):

Westbrook

Parker

Curry

Mayo

Lillard

Crawford

I really have no idea how he's going to win that, even if Jeremy Lin was still in the Eastern Conference.

If Jeremy Lin doesn't end up starting (fan voting), he'll likely miss the ASG...but out of the list above, I don't see how Crawford can get in.

Well, Jeremy Lin is going to help ruin it for him.

Starters will be Kobe (which is a given) and Lin in the backcourt.

That means that CP3 will take up a reserve guard spot. One less for Crawford to fill.

Harden will get the backup two spot, since he's the third-best SG in the NBA.

SG - Kobe, Harden

PG - Lin, CP3

From there, you have the following players competing for reserve guard positions (IF there's even a fifth to hand out):

Westbrook

Parker

Curry

Mayo

Lillard

Crawford

I really have no idea how he's going to win that, even if Jeremy Lin was still in the Eastern Conference.

If Jeremy Lin doesn't end up starting (fan voting), he'll likely miss the ASG...but out of the list above, I don't see how Crawford can get in.

Lin isn't gonna make it, there's no way.