Today, you're the Bobcats' General Manager

Real Deal

• Owner

You currently have the #1 pick in the NBA Draft.  You have youth that can be considered assets.  That's about it.

Where do you go from here?  Do you trade the pick?  Put everyone on the block?  Walk into the front office and clean house?

--------

I'd go ahead and draft Ben McLemore #1, and consider Gerald Henderson expendable.  I'd dangle him out there, along with Sessions, Gordon and Biyombo (whatever, doesn't matter) to try and bring in a defensive big man...not necessarily an elite defender, but a pretty good post defender and decent scorer, even if it meant the team taking back salary and trading a future first.

At #14 (assuming the Blazers stay out of the lottery, that pic belongs to CHA), I'd select a big that could be a scoring option down the road...maybe even a stretch four, like James McAdoo.

Then, I'd take my bigs, McLemore, MKG, and Walker, and tell them to go rake in the fans.  Sell tickets.

C - defensive big

PF - James McAdoo

SF - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

SG - Ben McLemore

PG - Kemba Walker

You're basically stacking together a college team, but why not, at this point?

What if the Bobcats made an attempt to land Pau Gasol, and then wanted to draft a defensive PF/C?  

I wouldn't trade any draft picks at this point. Like you said, I'd shop Gordon and probably Henderson. I'd keep all young players and picks for the most part and hopefully let them develop together. Also I'd try to grab a veteran or two in FA or maybe through trade to help mentor them.

Continue the process.  They are doing things the right way in Charlotte right now.

Kemba Walker is a baller.  I've said it since day 1, people would look back and wonder why randoms like Bismack were going before the best player in college that year.  Everyone is so hung up on physical attributes, but if you can play, you can play.  Not saying he is going to be the best player from that draft, but the jump he has made from year 1 to 2 is definitely encouraging if you are a Bobcats fan, or just a Kemba fan like me.

This McLemore guy seems like a stud from what i've read and his stats, so I would go with him too.  That 1-2-3 is super young and has a ton of potential.

I feel like the absolute worst thing you can do is rush things.  I speak from experience with this team after we got first overall pick.

Edited by Check my Stats