Windows 8

i love the fact that windows boots in like 5 seconds now without a SSD

Can anyone else confirm this?  The time it takes to turn on my laptop is one of the most annoying parts about it.  I have an asus, idk if that means anything.

Been humming and hawing over getting windows 8.  Have decided not to so far.  Been thinking about getting an SSD this summer as well.  Idk.

This laptop cost me over a G, so I'm reluctant to throw it away (my gf tells me to shutup and not buy that shit and just get a new laptop in a few years... smh).  Going to reformat it this summer, clear everything off, maybe get windows 8 and a SSD, and see if that helps it.  Problem is, that is probably gonna run me close to 300, would I be better off waiting and getting a laptop?

I have an i7 in this thing, Processor    Intel® Core i7 CPU Q 720  @ 1.60GHz, 1600 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)... w/e this means, 4 GB RAM, 500GB in hard drive space (both combined), etc etc idk much about this shit.  Help!

Edited by Check my Stats

Can anyone else confirm this?  The time it takes to turn on my laptop is one of the most annoying parts about it.  I have an asus, idk if that means anything.

Been humming and hawing over getting windows 8.  Have decided not to so far.  Been thinking about getting an SSD this summer as well.  Idk.

This laptop cost me over a G, so I'm reluctant to throw it away (my gf tells me to shutup and not buy that shit and just get a new laptop in a few years... smh).  Going to reformat it this summer, clear everything off, maybe get windows 8 and a SSD, and see if that helps it.  Problem is, that is probably gonna run me close to 300, would I be better off waiting and getting a laptop?

I have an i7 in this thing, Processor    Intel® Core i7 CPU Q 720  @ 1.60GHz, 1600 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)... w/e this means, 4 GB RAM, 500GB in hard drive space (both combined), etc etc idk much about this shit.  Help!

i thought i confirmed it :P

do you want me to make a video?

http://i.imgur.com/ThyTk.gif

Edited by Lkr