Lebron: James Harden has made superstar status

Dash

MIAMI -- Something both unusual and striking took place over the last six minutes of the Miami Heat’s highly-entertaining game with the Houston Rockets on Wednesday night.

LeBron James was outplayed, at both ends, in a head-to-head matchup. The best player in the fourth quarter was James Harden.

He accomplished it in a man-to-man struggle with James. They guarded each other for those vital minutes where stars earn their paychecks. Frankly, Harden was the best player in the game and this was a night that James had 32 points, six rebounds and five assists and Dwyane Wade, his primary defender for most of the contest, had 31 points, five rebounds, eight assists and four steals.

That James-Wade 1-2 punch was ultimately too much for the Rockets, as they are for so many teams, and the Heat won 114-108. Wade was masterful in attacking, getting 13 free throws and making them all. James had another devastating shooting night, following up his 13-of-14 Monday by making 10 of his first 13 shots Wednesday.

“He’s made superstar status,” James said of Harden after watching him put up 36 points, 12 rebounds and seven assists. “He’s worthy of the max contract he received from that team. He can do a little bit of everything.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/16847/heat-see-harden-in-superstar-role

I've been on the "James Harden is a superstar" bandwagon for a while now (some rough stretches during January but that was a ridiculous schedule for Houston) but do you agree/disagree? Where do you see Harden ranked amongst the league? 

He still turns the ball over alot and plays some awful defense but at the same time unless Lin is having a great night like against GSW his defense/turnovers come with the territory of having to completely carry his team on the offensive end. 

Edited by Dash

Dwight to Rockets makes more sense each time Harden kills it out there.

I've been thinking the same but obviously no chance he leaves the LA market + $30 on the table.

We'll either sign Josh Smith or keep our cap room for another season more likely.

Edited by Dash

• Owner

LeBron

Durant

Kobe

CP3

Rose

Melo

Howard (healthy)

Duncan

My list would probably change if I wrote it out tomorrow...you know how those are...but does he belong in that group?

With Wade playing Robin to LeBron now, and not being the defender he once was, it's hard for me to stick him in there. But, can we say that Harden is better than Wade right now, stats aside?