RIP Dr. Jerry Buss

Lkr

Steinbrenner > , rip I wonder if its connected to the lakers struggles not try to seem ridiculous but when old people lose whatever keeps them going whatever it is a spouse, for joe pa it was coaching, they sometimes just die...

Steinbrenner > , rip I wonder if its connected to the lakers struggles not try to seem ridiculous but when old people lose whatever keeps them going whatever it is a spouse, for joe pa it was coaching, they sometimes just die...

He had given up control a year or two ago. And the Yankees were already the biggest brand in American sports when Steinbrenner took over. The only thing he revolutionized was player salary(lol)

@Mike_Bresnahan: Jeanie, Jim and John Buss will be three family members that run the Lakers. Jeanie is listed as the team's governor.

@ramonashelburne: From what I understand, Buss family owns roughly 65 %of the team. Soon Shiong owns 3ish percent, Roski 2ish, Anschutz 30 %

@SHowardCooper: RT @MedinaLakersNBA: Last game Dr. Buss was at was when the Lakers lost Game 2 to Dallas in 2011 West semifinals

He had given up control a year or two ago. And the Yankees were already the biggest brand in American sports when Steinbrenner took over. The only thing he revolutionized was player salary(lol)

cool story, now they are the biggest brand in the world

Wow, even the Clippers.. 

The Los Angeles Clippers wish to extend deepest condolences to the family of Dr. Jerry Buss and to the Los Angeles Lakers organization. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

http://www.nba.com/clippers/los-angeles-clippers-statement-regarding-passing-dr-jerry-buss

No shit, do you expect them to say burn in hell? They'd still be playing in the LA Sports Arena if it wasn't for him. Btw stop with the godawful formatting Edited by Lkr

cf7b56bd005dcb04925a37508042c577.jpeg

United, who were named in July by the respected American business magazine Forbes as the world’s richest sports team with a calculated wealth of £1.65bn, have slipped to second place in the brand ranking, with the Yankees’ value rated at £221m ($340m) compared to United’s estimated brand worth of £175m ($269m).

Although Forbes claims that United would have held onto their position as the world’s most valuable sports brand but for the increasing strength of the US dollar against the pound.

The loss of the club’s status, held since 2007, as the most powerful brand in global sport comes at a time when the Glazer family are attempting to raise £600m from a partial flotation of the club on the Singapore Stock Market.

In their most recent financial accounts, for the year ending Jun 30, United posted record operating profits of £110.8m and 15.7 per cent rise in turnover £331.4m.

The club‘s net debt, imposed by the Glazers following their leveraged takeover in May 2005, currently stands at £308m.

The Yankees have surpassed United in the Forbes list, however, after seeing their brand value increase by 57 per cent since 2007.

Regarded as the most recognisable sporting franchise in the United States, the Yankees saw revenues at their newly-built $1.54bn Yankee Stadium rocket to $325m in 2010 due to lucrative sponsorship deals with Pepsi, Bank of America, Mastercard and Delta Airlines.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/8806259/Manchester-United-overtaken-by-New-York-Yankees-as-worlds-most-valuable-sports-brand-in-Forbes-list.html

Whoops, sidenote, where's my $100?

Edited by iMan

Does anyone know what's that painting behind Dr. Buss here, in ESPN's "Remembering Jerry Buss" vid (narrated by Shelley Smith)?

http://i46.tinypic.com/3011o2v.png

I got it - a great artwork! For whoever might be interested:

http://www.wpimg.com/custom/12250/Lakers-%20Fastbreak.jpg

Edited by Sħãlïq™

• 2 weeks later...