Rockets and Hawks are engaged in Josh Smith talks

Dash

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Houston is still lingering in Josh Smith talks, but Atlanta's desire for Asik and Parsons is a non-starter for Rockets, sources tell Y!

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Remember, Houston has the space to sign Smith as a free agent this summer. They're not going to overpay to trade for him now.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
But Houston has leverage: cap room this summer to land Smith as a free agent. Limits the assets they are willing to part with now.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
The Rockets, flush with assets, are involved at "high level" in Josh Smith talks, league source says.

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick
Considering Houston is, as I can confirm, engaged with Atl re: Josh Smith, pretty good indication Hawks not in love w/ deals elsewhere.

LOL @ Asik and Parsons. Chandler will be staying for sure in any deal, Asik I can see going out if the plan is to still have enough cap room to sign Dwight Howard in the offseason. That would leave us without a center this season though so moving Asik would have to happen in the offseason if they can get a committment from Dwight. 

I can't picture us offering more than expirings + prospect right now, wouldn't make sense to make it much more than that when we can sign him in the offseason. 
Edited by Dash