JJ Redick to Bucks

Dash

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Milwaukee sends Orlando Doron Lamb, Tobias Harris and Beno Udrih, source tells Y!

Orlando sends Ayon and Ish Smith to Milwaukee as part of deal for Redick, source tells Y!

This was originally a three team deal with Atlanta where the Bucks would also get Josh Smith, but the Hawks pulled out. Bobcats are reportedly a third team in this deal, wondering what role they play because this really isn't all that much for Redick. 

Edited by Dash

Correction: Those are two separate deals we are reporting. Charlotte-Orlando part is its own trade. My fault.

So that would be all Orlando will be getting then. Love for Milwaukee but don't get it for the Magic, they were getting offered firsts (albeit from contenders) and take this? Ehh

Wow.  I am shocked Orlando couldn't get better than this.  they probably stubbornly told San Antonio that it was Kahwi or nothing, which is insane since Kahwi is a better asset/player (down the line).  I get it is the last year of his deal, and he supposedly wants 10M annually (lol), but damn, they got literally nothing for him.  Those guys aren't even NBA players.

Meh, I'd take that package over a bottom five first round pick. You probably won't get anyone that much better than Doron with a late first in a draft that's this weak. If they were being offered a first round pick at 20 or above then they should have gone with that.

Why would Magic do this? They could have got soo much more for him imo.

They clearly couldn't have or else they would've.

I don't doubt that plenty of teams were interested in Redick, but I do question how much they were willing to give up considering comments he has made about his upcoming free agency. He wants $10M annually, wants to play for a contender and wants to test the market. Taking that into consideration, you can logically assume that that scared off any middle of the road team from offering anything of real value.

Then you look at a team like Chicago. He'd be a perfect fit in that lineup but the problem is the money he is after. It is no secret that Chicago doesn't like to pay the tax (correct me if I'm wrong, but this year will be the first year they've ever paid it) and they'd definitely have to go into the tax to retain him. Either that, or they'd have to amnesty Boozer which they don't want to do. This likely prevented them from putting together a real good package conatining something like their future Charlotte pick, Jimmy Butler or Nikola Mirotic's rights.

Orlando didn't get a great haul by any means. It is actually terrible. But I highly doubt they had very many real legitimate offers because of the uncertanty around Redick's contractual status.  San Antonio was a logical choice, but thinking about it, what could they offer? The 30th pick in the draft? That has negative value in a draft as bad as this considering it just puts 4 years of guaranteed money on your books. There isn't a whole lot there that would appeal to the Magic.

Milwaukee was willing to take that chance because they probably figured the reward (a probably playoff spot) was worth the risk (uninspiring young players). That and an insurance policy or even replacement for Monta Ellis should he decide to opt out of his contract or Milwaukee just realizes he sucks and casts him off.