When will the Heat's winning streak end?

Sħãlïq™

When will the Heat's 19-game winning streak end?  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bill Sharman: Heat threat to Lakers' record run

Bill Sharman, who was coach of the Los Angeles Lakers in the 1971-72 season when the team reeled off an NBA-record 33 straight wins, believes that LeBron James and the Miami Heat have what it takes to challenge that mark. Since setting the bar, the Lakers' record never has been seriously threatened.

"It is certainly a possibility that the Heat could break our 33-game winning streak," Sharman, a Hall of Fame coach, told Fox Sports Florida. "The record has held for 41 years, and all of us that participated in it are very proud to have been part of that season. However, [Heat president] Pat Riley has put together an amazing team, and I have to admit this one makes me a little nervous." Riley, a reserve guard on that Lakers team, built the Heat into a powerhouse in the summer of 2010 when he brought the trio of James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh together.

HOF guard Gail Goodrich, the leading scorer for the 1971-'72 Lakers -- his backup was Riley -- also believes the Heat could make a run at the record. "I'd say this is the most serious challenge we've had to our streak," Goodrich told Fox Sports Florida. "I think they'll make a very, very, very serious run at our record, They might even break it. They're head and shoulders over the rest of the NBA. Who's going to beat them? There's not as much parity in the league now."

Goodrich and Sharman both admitted that the record is something they would like to keep. "Sure, I'd like to keep the record," Goodrich said. "But I'm not going to root against the Heat." "If they break the record, I would be happy for Pat Riley," Sharman said. "But, naturally, part of me wants to hold on to that record a little bit longer."

The Heat, the fifth team in league history to win at least 20 straight, will try to extend their streak Friday at the Milwaukee Bucks, who beat them earlier this season. Here's some irony: It was the Bucks who snapped the Lakers' record run with a 120-104 victory on Jan. 9, 1972.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9055322/bill-sharman-believes-miami-heat-break-los-angeles-lakers-winning-streak

I'm pretty sure the Heat won't even reach 30 straight wins.

Edited by Sħãlïq™

Walt Frazier Says Heats Domination Shows How Weak The NBA Is

Walt “Clyde” Frazier is one of the NBA’s all time great guards, and a current Knicks analyst.  Clyde has seen and played a lot of basketball, so he knows talent.

Walt is not impressed with this year juggernaut version of the Miami Heat.  Frazier told ESPN New York that “the Heat are not an all time great team, and their domination shows how weak the NBA is.”

Frazier told Michael Kay, he doesn’t think the Heat will break the 1972 Lakers 33 game win streak.

“I think they’re the best team in the NBA, but I wouldn’t call them a great team. I wouldn’t rank them anywhere

near the top 10 best teams ever,” Frazier said Friday on ESPN New York 98.7 FM’s “The Michael Kay Show.”

It’s more an indication of how weak the NBA is right now than their superiority,” Frazier said.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/03/walt-frazier-says-heats-domination-shows-how-weak-the-nba-is/

^ He is so right.

Edited by Sħãlïq™

Kaman WTF?

I’m not much of a Dwyane Wade fan, but I’m a LeBron James fan. I’ve been watching him play, and we were in the same draft together. He’s had a great career already. I don’t want him to win everything, but I’m ok with the winning streak. I’m not against it or really for it. I just never really go along with (Dwyane Wade). I guess I just don’t like his style or whatever. I didn’t like the year the Mavs lost when he got all the foul calls. I didn’t like that.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/03/mavs-chris-kaman-im-not-much-of-a-dwyane-wade-fan/