Top 3 Recruit Julius Randle Commits To Kentucky

I'm a little late on this, but Kentucky, already having the 5th (Andrew Harrison), 6th (James Young), 7th (Aaron Harrison), 11th (Dakari Johnson) and 18th (Marcus Lee) recruits (according to ESPN), added Julius Randle, the 3rd ranked recruit, to their already godly recruiting class. This makes 6 McDonald's All-Americans going to Lexington next year. Ridiculous.

As far as Randle going to Kentucky, I'm not surprised at all. I was fairly confident that Jabari Parker to Duke was a done deal even before the season started, but there was a little doubt in the back of my mind about Michigan State. With Randle, I had him going to Kentucky and there was zero doubt in my mind. Even with the charade he put on, I didn't believe for a second that Randle was going anywhere other than Kentucky. Watching Andrew Harrison and Julius Randle play together next year is going to be a lot of fun.

I'm not a Kentucky hater like many college basketball fans, nor do I particularly care for them, but they're going to be one hell of a team to watch next year. The talent and potential of that team is simply absurd.

One thing that I will say is that I think this officially eliminates Kentucky from the Andrew Wiggins sweepstakes. I guess there is still a chance Wiggins goes there, but everything I've read, heard and seen from Wiggins over the past few years suggests to me that his list no longer has Kentucky as a serious player. I just don't see him joining a team that already has that much talent.

Where does this recruiting class rank all-time?

Best ever.

They have 7 recruits committed for next year.

6 of them are in the top 100 and 5 of those are in the top 20, They have the #1 ranked players at every position other than SF (and, are still technically in the mix for Wiggins, who is the #1 SF). Even if they don't get Wiggins, they still have the #3 ranked SF in James Young, who is the 6th ranked player overall.

It is the best class ever and probably by a significant margin. There was talk about the Wall/Cousins class being the best recruiting class ever and, honestly, as great as it was, it doesn't even compare to this one. Wall and Cousins were 1 and 2, Orton and Bledsoe were 22 and 23 and they also got Jon Hood (40th) and a Darnell Dodson, a highly sought after JUCO transfer.

The talent level of this recruiting class is simply in a class of its own.

I hate Kentucky.

Well, on the bright side, it sounds like Kansas may be in the lead for Wiggins based on what I've read. It sounds like he really bonded with Bill Self and the Kansas players during his visit to Lawernce. I actually had Kansas as my least likely destination of his prior to the high school season, but based on things I've read, if I absolutely had to make a prediction right now, I'd lean towards Kansas.

Of course, I still have no real feel for where Wiggins will end up. I still wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at KU, FSU or UNC. The only thing that would surprise me a bit is UK at this point.

Kentucky should be very good next season and with Archie Goodwin, Alex Poythress, and Willie Cauley-Stein announcing they will return next season they will be very deep and talented even with Nerlens Noel possibly leaving in the draft.

A roster of Andrew Harrison, Archie Goodwin, Alex Poythress, Julius Randle, Willie Cauley-Stein, Kyle Wiltjer, Aaron Harrison, James Young, Dakari Johnson, and Marcus Lee looks very good on paper