L.A. Lakers @ Toronto

Well Kobe just took Demar to school on 3 straight plays -_- Demar cannot get through or around a screen to save his life.

Well it doesn't help that they are throwing a rookie on an island and asking him to guard the best shooting guard, and aruguably player, in the NBA. Even if he fights through all of the screens, the Raptors are giving him absolutely no help when he gets beat off of the dribble by Kobe.

Its also pretty hard to fight through a screen like that when you have Kobe Bryant 30 feet away from the hoop getting a full head of steam.

Its a little too much to ask DeRozan to guard Kobe Bryant on an island.

I'm not trying to make excuses for him because I already commented that he has not looked good today at all, but I'm not going to complain about him defensively on those 3 possessions.

- I'm pretty dissapointed that the Raptors aren't looking to exploit Fisher more. Everybody knows that Fisher is the weakest link for the Lakers starting lineup. With the way that the Lakers have packed the paint in order to try and limit Bosh, Jack and Calderon should've attacked Fisher off of the bounce all half long. All they needed to do was take one or two hard dribbles (in Jose's case off of a screen) and pull up for the jumper. Fisher doesn't have the quickness to recover. They need to look to exploit this matchup more in the 2nd half because the Lakers aren't going to let Bosh beat them (although Bosh has played well considering he hs very little room to operate).

- Bargnani's shot has been off all half long, but he has played aggressively on offense and has had a couple of nice drives to the hoop. Gasol and Bynum don't stand a chance at guarding him off of the bounce when he is out at the three point line. Hopefully he can knock down a couple of jumpers to keep the defense honst, whcih will continue to give him those driving lanes. He needs to give Bosh some more help on the glass though. Bosh has basically been forced to try and keep both Bynum and Gasol off of the glass, which is simply impossible to do.

- It would also be nice to see Turkoglu do something productive. He is completely invisible out there. He better get his [expletive] together after the All-Star break because he is [expletive]ing useless right now.

aint watching the game right now...how's Kobes shooting?

7/12 I think. I actually haven't even noticed him miss anything. He played basically a perfect half of basketball as far as I am concerned. He has done a fantastic job of facilitating and looking for his own shot when the opportunity presents itself it. I would be surprised if he didn't end up with a triple double tonight.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

And here we go with the Raptors typical 3rd quarter collapse.

Oh well, at least they were somewhat competitive for the first 24 minutes. You could tell from watching that first half that once the Lakers decided to actually turn it on and play that they could easily get a double digit lead in a matter of minutes. When they are actually putting in effort, they are simply too good defensively and too good offensively for the Raptors to compete with.

- I'm pretty dissapointed that the Raptors aren't looking to exploit Fisher more. Everybody knows that Fisher is the weakest link for the Lakers starting lineup. With the way that the Lakers have packed the paint in order to try and limit Bosh, Jack and Calderon should've attacked Fisher off of the bounce all half long. All they needed to do was take one or two hard dribbles (in Jose's case off of a screen) and pull up for the jumper. Fisher doesn't have the quickness to recover. They need to look to exploit this matchup more in the 2nd half because the Lakers aren't going to let Bosh beat them (although Bosh has played well considering he hs very little room to operate).

What do you know, attacking Fisher off of the bounce actually works. Who woulda thunk it?

Woah wtf happened to Jose?

Fisher clipped him with an elbow down low during that little fight for the semi-loose ball.

Good run for the Raptors to close out the 3rd. DeRozan made a nice defensive play on Bryant to strip the ball, its just too bad it was turned over on the outlet pass as Jack would've had a good opportunity to tie the game up or potentially take the lead.

I'm content with the way that the Raptors have played though. I thought that at the start of the third the Lakers would stop [expletive]ing around and put an end to the game, but the Raptors fought back.

Triano, enough is enough. Put Jack in the game.

Just noticed him report to the scorekeepers bench. Its about damn time.

And here we go, Lakers are start to stop [expletive]ing around and actually playing defense. Raptors are going to actually need to work for their shots now.

Enough with the damn jumpers. Give the ball to Bosh. This team is just as bad as the Magic at ignoring their star big man and chucking up jumpers.

Mr. 4th Quarter strikes again. He is really living up to his nickname. Too bad it is the other team that he is helping win the game. :lol:

Nice move by Bargnani there. He has played really well considering his jumper has been off for the majority of the game.

Kobe is going to ice the game right here. Short clock scenario with the game in the balance against a poor defensive team? Yeah, Kobe is going to ice the game, lol.

Bargnani is ice cold from downtown tonight, hopefully we dont choke at the line.

Shouldn't you worry about scoring the ball before talking about icing the game from the foul line?

And there you go, the game is a 1 point game with the Raptors in possession of the ball. This could easily end up not being decided from the foul line.

PS: Guess I was wrong about Kobe icing the game on that possession. Once he got that look in the corner I thought for sure it was going in. It was a tough shot, but that still didn't make me think it wasn't going in.

Shouldn't you worry about scoring the ball before talking about icing the game from the foul line?

And there you go, the game is a 1 point game with the Raptors in possession of the ball. This could easily end up not being decided from the foul line.

Yeah my bad I thought the Raptors had to foul. I've been back and forth with this game and the Saints/Vikes game.

Just so you know, you still suck Turkoglu.

Raptors need to D it up here. Nursing a 1 point lead on the defensive end of the floor is more nerve racking trying to come with with a basket on the offensive end, that is for sure. Especially considering the 3 buzzer beaters from Kobe this season.

Raptors better use that foul immediately.

Good god, I thought that shot was in. What a huge win for the Raptors tonight. I thought that they woudl get blown out but they came through in the clutch. This team has more heart than I give them credit for.