5 Reasons why the Raptors are Legitimate Title Contenders

Legacy

Great article! You made all very good points. At this moment, the raps are the best team in the east. But they wouldn't stand a chance against any of the West's top teams (SA, LAC, GSW). Like you said, we need an upgrade at the PF position. The way I see it, we have 3 solid back-up PFs: Amir, Patterson and psycho. If we could move one of these guys and maybe a draft pick or prospect (preferably not bruno) for an upgrade at PF that would be huge. Not sure who is out there as possible trade targets, But I like the Millsap possibility. Boozer could be a cheaper option maybe? Idk how he's looking in LA but i bet a move to toronto could boost his productivity.

• Like 1

Great article! You made all very good points. At this moment, the raps are the best team in the east. But they wouldn't stand a chance against any of the West's top teams (SA, LAC, GSW). Like you said, we need an upgrade at the PF position. The way I see it, we have 3 solid back-up PFs: Amir, Patterson and psycho. If we could move one of these guys and maybe a draft pick or prospect (preferably not bruno) for an upgrade at PF that would be huge. Not sure who is out there as possible trade targets, But I like the Millsap possibility. Boozer could be a cheaper option maybe? Idk how he's looking in LA but i bet a move to toronto could boost his productivity.

Thanks! I know Lee could be an option for you guys and would be a nice expiring contract in a year too. The Warriors were shopping him earlier but not sure how the contracts would work. I posted an article on the Raptors Reddit page in the offseason saying the Raps needed a legit PF but everyone was getting pissed at me saying that Amir is a legit starter lol. I'm still not sold on him. I know a lot of fans have been wanting Milsap. He would be ideal. 

Thanks! I know Lee could be an option for you guys and would be a nice expiring contract in a year too. The Warriors were shopping him earlier but not sure how the contracts would work. I posted an article on the Raptors Reddit page in the offseason saying the Raps needed a legit PF but everyone was getting pissed at me saying that Amir is a legit starter lol. I'm still not sold on him. I know a lot of fans have been wanting Milsap. He would be ideal. 

Ya amir is a fan favourite and he is a good player but on a team without a superstar he isn't good enough to be a starter for a contender.