Will OKC make the playoffs?

Currently sitting at 5-13

Last year it took a record of 49-33 to get 8th in the west. For OKC to get that record they would have to finish 44-20. It seems realistic to me for OKC but some of my friends disagreed. Thoughts?

Also, if you do think they make the playoffs, do they make it past the first round?

Eh, it's still early IMO. I wouldn't count out any team besides the Sixers at this point. 

It is true that it is still early, but the fact is that the West has been so good those past two years that a bad start can cost you the playoffs. It is as simple as that. So the question that DunkinDerozan asks is definitely legit.

It is definitely gonna be very hard for the Thunder to make the playoffs this year. And they can thank the lord for Cousins' illness cause they would be in the deepest shit otherwise... The West is so deep that we actually have 8 legit ring contenders this year (including the healthy Thunder). Which is great cause we're gonna have, just like last year, only NBA Finals level matchup in the first round, but not so great cause the playoffs matchup in the East ain't gonna be as great...

Right now we have 0 ring contender in the East. As a matter of fact the only two teams that could win a ring are not are this level right now. The Cavs gotta resolve their chemistry, and defense, problems, and the Bulls gotta prove that they now can remain healthy for an entire season. The Bulls are my favorites to win the East and I hope that they will not have any major injury this year.

But for OKC I definitely think that they can make the playoffs, but they better pray that they don't get any other major injury though, cause they won't make the playoffs for sure if they do.

They will get in as a 7 or 8 seed. I hope the Warriors do not face them in the first round..

You're absolutely right about that. The Warriors would be a good matchup for the Thunder in the first round, cause, despite the terrific way they're playing at right now (and they're REALLY amazing, Kerr's offense is just a THING OF BEAUTY), they have no experience in the playoffs, they've never past the first round, and the Thunder's experience could be a great advantage on them.

Although we never know, and even if I think that the Warriors better hope to avoid the Thunder in the first, I wouldn't bet on either team for sure at the same time.

To answer the question I would say that my guts tell me that the Thunder will make the playoffs indeed, but they will have the same kind of the season as the Grizz had last year, and will lose in the first round.

But no matter what and who they face, it's gonna be a long series, just like for every other Western first round matchup, just like last year, and I certainly hope so cause this Western first round last year was amazing to watch, clearly the best first round I've watched since I'm an NBA fan, certainly the best ever.

• Like 2