RD1: #8 Memphis Grizzlies vs. #1 Utah Jazz

Real Deal

Grizzlies vs. Jazz  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Owner

I think the Jazz will take the series, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Grizzlies gave them a run for their money in at least 1-2 games.  They are a team that can grind it out when they are within double-digits, and the backcourt of Morant and Brooks is dangerous when they get hot.

Rudy and Jonas should battle for boards.  That'll be interesting to watch.

I'll take Utah in six, because I'm still concerned about their health, but I'm ready to watch Ja go wild.

• Owner

Not sure how many people know this, but Gobert has hit 20/23 total shots in this series (87% FG), to average 15.7 PPG.  He's grabbing nearly as many boards (14.0 RPG).

Meanwhile, Ja Morant is showing me why he is my favorite player (with Luka).Fearless?  Yes.  Ja is giving the Jazz a headache with 34/4/6 on 51% FG.  He can stay away from the 3PT line until he gets more practice in, but feel free to continue attacking the rim and hitting those pretty floaters!

Not to get too excited, though, because Utah is looking like a 1 seed now, and Mitchell and Conley are back and playing great.  Utah should cruise the rest of the way.