RD1: #5 Atlanta Hawks vs. #4 New York Knicks

Real Deal

Hawks vs. Knicks  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Owner

Julius Randle!  I hate that the Lakers didn't keep him as our future franchise player, but I understand the "win now" approach.  We have always had that mindset.

Anyway, Randle is going to have a huge series against Atlanta, but I do want to see how Capela works his magic against New York.  His defense, this season, has been on par with guys like Gobert and Draymond.  If the Hawks had any defense from anyone else on the roster, they'd be far better than 21st in the league, lol.

The Knicks will look to shut the door on Trae Young, obviously, and they could do it.  He shot under 40% in two of their three games this season, and 41% in the other.  All Knicks' wins.

Randle had two 40+ point games against the Hawks, and the third was 28/17.

I'll take the Knicks in 5 games.  Atlanta will get one, probably an OT game where the Knicks just take their foot off the gas a little and can't get back into rhythm.

• Owner

Well, I was wrong all over the place.  I can't believe how Randle has been playing.  He's a completely different animal in the playoffs...

16.8 PPG on 27% FG (wut), 11.3 RPG, 4.3 APG

Forget him scoring 17 a night (which isn't much, anyway).  Him shooting 27% from the floor is ridiculous.  He's 20/73 from the floor.  That means he takes over 18 shots a night, makes just five.

Meanwhile, Derrick Rose is trying to drag the Knicks to a victory.  He's putting up 23/4/5 on 51% FG, 50% 3PT.  I'd say he really hasn't had a terrible game yet.  And...he's playing better defense!  It's just that nobody is defending Trae Young, that cocky SOB, lol.