Questioning Collin Sexton's numbers

• Owner

Are Collin Sexton's numbers a product of a bad Cavaliers roster?  He's averaging 24 a night, but on a good FG% for a guard (47.5%) and he shoots okay from three (37.1%) AND from FT (81.5%).

With his shooting numbers, it's difficult for me to say his scoring is inflated.  You see it a lot on bad teams, but typically, the players scoring a lot of points (those you've never really heard of before, and they come out of nowhere) are usually also shooting poorly, sometimes in the very low 40's or upper 30's.

I don't see him as a future #1 option on a contender (I don't have a crystal ball to look that far into the future), but I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up being one on a decent playoff team someday.  Probably not in Cleveland, lol.

• 1 month later...
  • Owner
21 hours ago, NomarFachix said:

Give me a Sexton trade and a Rose re-sign and I'll be harder than Battletoads on SNES

LOL Battletoads.  Yeah man, at least get Rose back.  He's a big part of the Knicks' success in the second half of the season.  Dude averaged 17 off the bench during that 12-1 run...19/4/5 on 48% FG (47% 3PT!) in the playoffs.