Toronto @ New York

• 5 months later...

For me, all signs point to a loss. We are 2-8 on the second games of back to backs and being on the road makes this much harder. Jack better be ready to play a lot tonight, since he rested for the whole 4th quarter last night. I think we lose, which will be a small set back. If we can win, with a home and home with Indiana coming up, a run can really be made.

This is the game that I am the most worried about from a Raptors perspective over the next 9 or so. I figured that they would go 1-1 during this back to back stretch against the Heat and the Knicks, so at least they will be meeting my expectations even if they get a loss here.

The Raps have 2 more back to backs during this stretch, but the 2nd end of each one is at home against an inferior team (New Jersey and Washington) so they aren't as worring considering how much better the Raptors play at home. I'm not saying that the Knicks aren't an inferior team, because they are, but they are definitely playing better basketball than the Nets or Wizards.

Jack better be ready to play a lot tonight, since he rested for the whole 4th quarter last night.

He actually played more than Calderon did last night. 25 minutes to 23 minutes.

This is what I like about having two dependable players at the same position though. It really helps keep the minutes down in back to back situations. I am expecting a dud from Bargnani though, after player 37 minutes last night and taking his history of crappy play on the tail end of B2B's into consideration.

EDIT: I expect David Lee to come out motivated after being snubbed from the All-Star game. He definitely deserved the backup center spot, if you ask me. His season has been more impressive than Horford's.

Edited by Built Ford Tough

Whats wrong with Hedo? Doesn't seems that great anymore...

He was never that great to begin with. He was an average to slightly above average player, who managed to find the perfect situation for him. He looked so much better in Orlando than what he actually is.

He also doesn't seem to fit all that well in Toronto.

I like that he has played with aggressiveness tonight. He actually looks like he gives a damn right now, despite the fact that he isn't really hitting any shots or doing much. Nice to see him grab actually fight for a rebound though.

Predictable start to this game. Raptors come out playing well offensively, but then they start missing all of their shot short, which is expected on the 2nd end of a back to back. They need to pick it up defensively.

PS: That was a sick rebound in traffic by Bosh. Too bad he couldn't finish.

PPS: David Lee has come out motivated, as I expected. That was such a bull[expletive] foul on Bargnani though.

Does Al Harrington ever pass the ball? I don't think that I saw him pass the ball one time when he was on the floor.

Every single one of Bargnani's shots are short. Absolutely no legs underneath him on the 2nd end of a back to back.

Calderon has played really well today so far. Definitely the Raptors best player tonight. Him and Wright have played very well off of the bench and are the major reasons why this is a 4 point game going into half time.

This was an ideal second quarter for the Raptors though. You knew that the Knicks wouldn't continue that hot shooting that they displayed in the 1st quarter. With the Raptors coming off of a tough game against the Heat and the Knicks coming off of a blowout victory against the T'Wolves, you knew that NY would come out firing and for Toronto it was all about withstanding the storm. They did a great job of that.

Hopefully we don't see a 3rd quarter collapse.

Huge block by Bargnani. Its good to see him contributing on the defensive end despite the fact that he has nothing going for him offensively.

I know that I said I wasn't expecting a win in this game, but losing tonight would really sting considering how much the Raptors have outplayed the Knicks since the 1st quarter. The only reason why this game is even close is because of turnovers. If the Raptors take care of the ball like they usually do, this is a double digit gam eright now.

That is why you aren't an All-Star, David Lee. You have to finish an easy layup like that late in the game. :lol:

Huge move by Bosh. I have to wonder where the foul call was though? There was definitely more contact on that play than plenty of other calls that we have seen. I guarntee if that happened in the 2nd quarter, Bosh is headng to the frew throw line.

Nice block by Bosh on Robinson as well. Too bad nobody rotated over to help the helper, which left Lee wide open for the putback. 1 point game with 10 seconds left. Just make your free throws and guard the 3 point line. You do that and the game is over.

Lol, where the hell was the foul on that? Did the Knick player even touch Jack? Way to anticipate a foul, and not actually call the game.

****, Jack misses the 2nd.

Terrible officiating on that one and that blown call could very well be the difference in this game. They don't call the phantom foul and Jack gets another 4 seconds off of the clock at least. BS.

Huge defensive stand for the Raptors. Harrington is the biggest black hole I have ever seen in my life. I don't think that he passed the ball once in the entire game.

The play was set up for al harrington? wut!?

I don't think it was. Lee could've passed to Harrington on more than one occasion during the inbounds but looked him off. The Raptors did a good job of guarding everybody else though, and Lee had no choice but to pass it in to Harrington or else it would've been a 5 second count.

PS: What a [expletive]ing awkward interview from Turkoglu. Man, that was just strange. :lol:

I don't think it was. Lee could've passed to Harrington on more than one occasion during the inbounds but looked him off. The Raptors did a good job of guarding everybody else though, and Lee had no choice but to pass it in to Harrington or else it would've been a 5 second count.

PS: What a [expletive]ing awkward interview from Turkoglu. Man, that was just strange. :lol:

You're exactly right on the play call. Harrington was supposed to flare out and take Bargnani away with him, while Robinson was supposed to come off a Lee down screen and probably either isolate or screen/roll with Lee.

Jack absolutely mugged Robinson and Robinson could never get off the screen and get to the top of the key. It was perfect defense. The Knicks had no timeouts left so they had to force a pass to Harrington and pray. They're prayers weren't answered and it was Jack who drew the charge.

If the game came down to that final play, then Jack's defense, and in effect Toronto's defense, won the game.

That's why they picked Jack up.

Nice way to execute after a spirited late Knicks charge.