L.A. Lakers @ Memphis

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Owner

He's getting hit on most of them, but I'll just say that he's been bodied and hit more times by other teams, with no calls (as you saw with Boston, especially with Tony Allen on him). I just can't say he's not getting fouled, though, because a lot of those shots would go in if he wasn't getting touched.

Away from that topic...it's too bad Jerry West isn't the GM of the Grizzlies now, or at least in the building, because Kobe's getting the record tonight.

Lot of those fouls from jumpers were from minimal contact. Basically fouls that usually aren't called. If the refs want to call a tight game like that, fine, but it would be nice if the calls came from both sides.

Good thing Jerry West isn't the general manager. He's the one that got us in the financial crap hole we were in before the Gasol trade. I'll give him credit for discovering Kobe Bryant, but he's honestly one of the most overrated GM's of all time.

• Owner

Yeah, he never really did anything for Memphis. A lot of people still think he's the one that made the Gasol trade, actually. :lol:

The Lakers aren't in sync once again, offense or defense. It seems to be like this every game. I wonder if Kobe will need to hit another game-winner here, as usual.

Hometown guy Micheal Oher is at the game. :)

Yeah, he never really did anything for Memphis. A lot of people still think he's the one that made the Gasol trade, actually. :lol:

The Lakers aren't in sync once again, offense or defense. It seems to be like this every game. I wonder if Kobe will need to hit another game-winner here, as usual.

He did the Eddie Jones trade, gave Pau Gasol that monstrous contract. Some just make you scratch you head.

When Mike Conley's aggressive, he's a really underrated penetrator. Too bad he never is.

Edited by Sublime

• Owner

When Mike Conley's aggressive, he's a really underrated penetrator. Too bad he never is.

Haha yeah, but the Grizz commentators were making it a big deal that he was playing better than Fisher...when really, that's not that big of a deal, lol. Fisher is just terrible.

• Owner

Wow, just pull Fisher already, please. Stick Farmar back in, or Brown, or Sasha...just get Fisher out of there.

And while Bynum rebounds well, he's also not doing a damn thing offensively, and his defense sucks. It's usually always just one good thing, a few bad things.

We're going to lose if Kobe doesn't catch fire.

• Owner

Glad our commentators called out those fans that explode when Kobe Bryant dunks when they're watching the a Grizzlies game at the FedEx Forum. :lol:

Yeah, but that happens everywhere, even in Boston. A lot of that may be Lakers fans, too...but there are other team fans that cheer for Kobe dunks and long scoring runs he has, or 26-foot threes.

Kinda stupid, really. I like LeBron, but I wouldn't cheer for him like that if he were playing against the Lakers.