Minnesota @ Miami

alcstarheel

• 6 months later...

Last game, Dorell started and Daequan came off the bench. Dorell only had 3 points in 17 minutes while Dae-Dae lighted it up off the bench and led the team in scoring with 22 points.

Today, Daequan is starting while Dorell is coming off the bench. It's half-time, and Dorell has 13 points and Daequan only has 4 points in 8 shot attempts.

If Wade can't play by Saturday, then James Jones should start, cause neither are meant to start :lol:

I lost a lot of respect for Spoelstra on that last play. 1.1 seconds left on the clock, and the Heat are down three points. Obviously, the Heat need a 3 point shot to win the game.

So far that game, Dorell Wright was on fire shooting 6-7 from 3 while also having 26 points for the game in just 28 minutes of action. Daequan Cook, on the other hand, had been non-existent shooting 0-4 from 3, with 8 total points in 12 shots attempted.

So what's Spoe's decision? Have Dorell inbound the ball.... for a play set up for Daequan Cook. The results are obvious... and I still don't get it.

^Now you feel like we Lakers do when kobe doesnt shoot.... well kinda similar.

Coaches just make stupid decisions sometimes because they try to surprise other team..

There is a huge difference between Kobe Bryant and Dorell Wright, no matter how big of a performance Dorell had. I guess I see what you mean, though.

I know there is a big difference. But its how we are when Kobe hits 5 game winners and then passes it to a wide open Artest and artest misses.

Idk. Its just the same feeling. Not sayings its the same situation.

I know there is a big difference. But its how we are when Kobe hits 5 game winners and then passes it to a wide open Artest and artest misses.

Idk. Its just the same feeling. Not sayings its the same situation.

Well, Artest is a good shooter. If Kobe has 2 defenders on him, and Artest is wide open, then it's natural Kobe will pass it up since the odds of Artest making the shot are greater considering that he would be taking a higher percentage shot.

In this situation, Dorell wasn't even an option. He was inbounding the ball with only enough time left for a teammate to catch and shoot. Dorell was 6-7 from three. The rest of the team was 2-15. I mean... wow.

If the situation was that Wright was not inbounding, and he was open in the corner and instead the inbounder passes to Cook for a contested three, then I guess I could see what you're saying. The actual situation, however, is far dumber than anything Phil Jackson has ever come up with for the last shot. It was as if Spoelstra did it to deliberately make the Heat lose... well, at least that's how it feels.

Yeah true but with 1.2 seconds left or whatever it was you dont have as many options to set up a nice play. Plus Dorell being hot would probably mean that he is double teamed if hes not inbounding it?

If he's doubled then that's even better. 2 on 1 means 3 defenders to guard 4 other offensive players. Someone's bound to have a wide open look, or at least a better look than Cook had.

How does this play not go to Dorell? Have Beasley inbound the ball and have Dorell come out and get the ball.

Also, how do we not get that rebound after the Flynn miss? Jermaine you soft [expletive] get a rebound!

Reading the game recap on ESPN...

Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said he splashed some Jackson 5 footage into game film to inspire his players. It was in response to comments made by TNT analyst Charles Barkley last year referring to Wade's teammates as a bunch of Tito Jacksons. "Ultimately an 82-game season is long. So sometimes there are different ways to inspire players," Spoelstra said.

Result? The Tito's lose to the second worst team in the league. That's COY stuff right there.

Edited by Poe