Philadelphia @ Toronto

• 6 months later...
  • Owner

Saw maybe five minutes of the game...and it looked like the Sixers played small and ran the hell out of them.

And Sonny Weems is a PLAYER. I love it.

Big loss for Toronto, though. Although they did fall to 6th, and I said that would be best for them...the loss came against a team they really should've put to sleep at home.

Saw maybe five minutes of the game...and it looked like the Sixers played small and ran the hell out of them.

And Sonny Weems is a PLAYER. I love it.

Big loss for Toronto, though. Although they did fall to 6th, and I said that would be best for them...the loss came against a team they really should've put to sleep at home.

I didn't watch the game as I forgot to set my alarm in time to wake up for it so I can't comment on specifics of the game but from watching the majority of the Raptor games this season you hit the nail on the head with the Raptors getting ran out of the building with a small athletic lineup.

The Raptors can't handle athletic teams when they go small. It is the reason why the Hawks dominated them two times, it is the reason why they got destroyed by the Thunder and it is the reason why the Sixers have managed to play them tough. All of these teams run a lineup with only one true big man and it creates matchup problems for the Raptors. They've struggled all season long against athletic teams who like to get out and run.

Normally I wouldn't care about a loss simply because I don't care where the Raptors finish in the standings considering the fact that they are going to be lucky to win 1 game against any of the top 4 teams in the East, but this loss concerns me. The Raptors are now only 2 games away from not even being in the playoffs, are 4-6 in their last 10 and leave to go on a West Coast road trip against the Lakers, Kings, Warriors and Blazers. Then they come back and play the Hawks and Thunder. Realistically, the Raptors would be lucky to go better than .500 on this next stretch of 6 games. They really needed this win heading into this tough part of their schedule, but they blew it.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit to see the Raptors out of a playoff spot by the time they play the Nets on the 20th. On the bright side, at least they would get a draft pick this year lol.

I have so little desire to keep up with this team with Kansas killing it right now, and when you lose to Philly with Bosh, doesn't help. Now I don't know what I want this team to do.