Denver @ Houston

• 7 months later...
  • Owner

lol @ reffing.

Well, there were two calls I didn't like...but I think the comeback had a lot to do with Melo, and the Rockets really, really slacking off defensively. They stopped contesting everything by the time the fourth rolled around, and Denver just has too much firepower to let them go like that.

Still time left.

I didn't feel as discouraged as the other losses, it came down to final shot. If Melo had knocked it down, we'd have walked away with a W...

We didn't really execute well offensively in the last 3-4 mins of the game... too much one-on-one isolation, less ball and player movement.

Regardless, I feel good after this game, I think we're a team ready to compete for a championship. Screw the records, we're ready. But it'd be nice if the Lakers lose too today

I'm so glad I went to this game! Probably the best game I ever went to.

@ Real Deal - was Ariza always such a good passer with the Lakers? I think there were at least 10 times where Trevor would slash to the basket and make a excellent dish, but no one seemed to be making shots off them. Still the way she slashed and passed seemed almost T-Macesque (maybe I'm stretching it).

• Owner

I'm so glad I went to this game! Probably the best game I ever went to.

@ Real Deal - was Ariza always such a good passer with the Lakers? I think there were at least 10 times where Trevor would slash to the basket and make a excellent dish, but no one seemed to be making shots off them. Still the way she slashed and passed seemed almost T-Macesque (maybe I'm stretching it).

Ariza was a spot-up shooter, nothing more (offensively). He rarely made passes like that. With Kobe, Gasol, Odom and Bynum attacking the rim or dominating the ball (or both), Ariza's job was to get open for a jumper, and that's why he was an excellent player for us.

Ariza was a spot-up shooter, nothing more (offensively). He rarely made passes like that. With Kobe, Gasol, Odom and Bynum attacking the rim or dominating the ball (or both), Ariza's job was to get open for a jumper, and that's why he was an excellent player for us.

Ah I see, thanks. Its to see him with the ball more and show that is more than a spot up shooter though. That said, I think Ariza was being too passive that game.

He could be a great 3rd-4th option, get about 12,5,5. He is a decent passer and rebounder and can slash/shoot open jumpers.

I'd say his ceiling is much better than that. Trevor is only 24 years old and its his first year playing such a vital role on a team. If he works hard with the team and on his game during the offseason, I think he could be a legit 15-16 ppg guy for us even with Brooks/Martin/Scola/Yao next season.