Denver @ New York

• 7 months later...
  • Owner

nuggets got robbed.

I wouldn't say that. They blew the third quarter open (the Knicks did) and JR Smith was complete and utter garbage for Denver...no offense, no defense.

Way too many missed threes for Denver, way too much chucking for Smith, and no defense by anyone (including Afflalo) really put this game in the bag for New York. Can't say I'm surprised.

Wowww man... the call was on Lee and they said he fouled out and I went to kitchen and came back and Lee was shooting free throws WTF?

J.R. was garbage the whole game but I give it to him for having willingness to take last shots (he buried 2 3s to make it one point game twice)... I love the attitude... the missed shots, not so much. He should learn how to get himself into the game when he's cold. Like making more decisions with the ball, pass more, go to the rack more... etc.

That call was bull...

Oh I guess, we'll finish the road trip 4-1 now.

• Owner

Just re-watched the game.

1) Two fouls called on Lee were iffy. He did have a reason to be upset.

2) The charge that was overturned...that was a charge on Lee. That should've been his fifth, if the referees had gotten all of those fouls correct. However, that happened with 3:30 left to go (approximately), and the Nuggets had 2-3 chances to tie the game up since that time, one to actually take the lead (being down by one point).

3) The foul called on Melo when he stripped the ball under the rim, that was a foul. Those have been called on Ron Artest a couple of times this season, and a few other players I've seen. Over the head, with any contact to the head, and it's a foul. Plus, it looked like he hit his arm at the last second, before the strip.

4) Melo missed two very, very close shots (just as he did against the Bucks), right at the rim, with under a minute to go. One was the contested runner that he should've never taken, the other was the drive against Lee. Can't miss those shots.

5) Gallo was 1-7 in the first half, then 6-12 in the second half during his duel with Melo. Point? Melo has to shut up. He makes things too personal, and it doesn't always help him in the end.

The Knicks outplayed the Nuggets, simple as that. Douglas got the double screen and mismatch on Nene, gave him a nasty reverse cross, and dropped in the game-clinching jumper. Had that been Kenyon Martin switched to him, it may have been different, which continues to prove my point that Martin is a vital piece to their success, because he is able to defend almost every position on the floor and one of the top defensive power forwards in the league.

Basically, the third quarter, and then Melo's missed layup and runner in the final minute, won the game for the Knicks.