L.A. Lakers @ San Antonio

• 7 months later...

I didnt watch the first half, but from what I heard George Hill pretty much kept them going. Zero baskets in the second half for him however, that speaks volumes about our defense. I've said it all season long, the Spurs are done, their era is over. The Richard Jefferson experiment was a major failure. Manu isnt a #1 option on offense, but when he is forced to carry the load like he had to tonight the Spurs can't win games period. Alot of positives from us in the second half, particularly on the defensive end.

1. Ron Artest had one of his best defensive games this season imo. He suffocated whoever touched the ball, he stole passes left and right and never game up on any play. Manu caught on fire early in the third quarter, but Ron Artest stepped up his intensity and forced him to make poor passes and stole the ball away from him a couple times. He was the catalyst of our comeback, and easily the player of the game.

2. Tim Duncan only took 11 shots, but I have to credit Pau for fighing on every single possession, he made every attempt for Duncan tough. Also it was nice to see Pau get a couple blocks on Duncan while he was locked on one on one. Key to beating the Spurs is shutting down Duncan and that's exactly what we did.

3. Lamar Odom is a beast. His hustle goes unnoticed alot of times. He tracked down quite a few long rebounds and I loved his aggresiveness on offense.

4. Kobe was quiet the whole game, but he did a great job facilitating and finding open guys. And when we needed him most he came up big in the fourth and closed the game out. Can you guys believe Kobe has gone two full games without taking a free throw, thats ridiculous. I'm not to worried though, he can still take the ball to the rack as well as anyone.

Lol at the celebrations at the end of the game. It's not the playoffs just yet but I like our attitude. If only we played like this every game.

7 game win streak, let's keep this going heading into the postseason.

Edited by Confidence

• Owner

Bryant was quiet for three quarters, but he wasn't shy in the fourth.

What I liked most was that he was literally picking and choosing where and who to hit his shots on, not just scoring in bulk, and it made the Spurs nervous. They ran Mason, Manu, Hill, Jefferson and Bogans at him...five players defending Bryant throughout the night. Ridiculous.

And yeah, Duncan had way too much trouble out there. Give a little credit to Gasol, a little to Duncan's aging.

I'd say a little more credit to Gasol than Duncan's aging because hes still putting up pretty impressive numbers for the season. Gasol had a couple nice blocks (one in particular on a jumper at the end of a shot clock) and contested everything.

We just have to play defense like this more consistently.