Portland @ L.A. Lakers

I couldn't believe that Kobe missed two free throws and then Fisher misses a free throw. But good thing Martell showed Kobe and Fisher how to knock down some clutch free throws when needed. ;)

But really though, great game. Very entertaining and the fact that we were able to win without Roy in the 2nd half was awesome.

The 3 missed free-throws were crazy. Kobe smiling at the end of the game was weird. Knowing how big of a competitor he is, I expected him to be more upset with the loss.

Mark Jackson is right though. Bryant needs to rest for the rest of the season then come back in the playoffs. He is way too banged up right now.

• Owner

The 3 missed free-throws were crazy. Kobe smiling at the end of the game was weird. Knowing how big of a competitor he is, I expected him to be more upset with the loss.

Mark Jackson is right though. Bryant needs to rest for the rest of the season then come back in the playoffs. He is way too banged up right now.

A few Lakers fans think Phil asked the players to tank this game, to avoid Portland in the first...but I have a hard time believing Kobe would want to tank.

This game pissed me off, not only for the missed frees but for the whole nonchalant attitude we keep throwing out there, then trying to turn it on only to go back and play bad basketball on both sides of the ball. Kobe missing both frees just doesn't sit right with me. Neither does Fisher's miss and even Vujacic's miss earlier in the quarter. They are some of the best shooters from the line in the league. That was a bad loss. And Kobe is just not playing well.

Another tough loss, but this one hurts considering the circumstances. Brandon Roy pretty much was a ghost in the first half and he didn't play at all in the second half, yet we lost, embarrassing to say the least.

Kobe's cluthness once again got us back into the game, but missing two free throws near the end of the game (both of which were short) that's really suprising. His shooting percentages this season (mostly the second half) have been ridiculous, definitly not Kobesque. His play this month has been mediocre and it clearly points out that something is wrong with him, and that he should consider resting for the remainder of the regular season.

vs. Portland 8-23 20 pts

vs. San Antonio 8-24 22 pts

vs. Utah 5-23 25 pts

Today it just seemed like he didnt have the legs on a lot of his shots. The last two free throws in particular were short and as soon as he released the ball I could tell that they were coming off the front iron. I wonder if that sore knee had anything to do with. Probably did.

As for the other guys, everyone outside Lamar and Pau were garbage. The more I watch us play down the stretch, the more I've come to realize that we have some of the most selfish guards in the league. Sasha/Farmar/Shannon are all out to get their own, and it's really starting to piss me off. I think it was in the third quarter where Phil decided to play all three of them at the same time, and that was exactly when the Blazers made a small push. Wtf was Phil thinking? We need a complete overhaul on our bench next season.

Fish is complete trash, and that foul at the end of the game is just one of the many reasons why I think he needs to retire. As dumb as Webster was for pulling up for a shot so early, Fish was a bigger dumbass for reaching in and fouling him. I still dont know what type of shot Webster was looking for, a runner from the three point line? Fish please just call it quits after this season, every Laker fan is hoping for it.

And lastly I'm still trying to figure out the last play that Phil drew up. Kobe set a down pick to open up Pau for a three? Someone please explain that to me because that is all I saw.

• Like 1

As for the other guys, everyone outside Lamar and Pau were garbage. The more I watch us play down the stretch, the more I've come to realize that we have some of the most selfish guards in the league. Sasha/Farmar/Shannon are all out to get their own, and it's really starting to piss me off. I think it was in the third quarter where Phil decided to play all three of them at the same time, and that was exactly when the Blazers made a small push. Wtf was Phil thinking? We need a complete overhaul on our bench next season.

That is 100% correct.

Even with the missed free-throws by Kobe, we should have won that. Fisher missed one of his, and then committed the STUPID foul at the end to seal it. Frustrating to say the least.

Kobe didn't have the lift in his legs today either. We just need to rest him until the playoffs start...about the only thing we can do at this point.

• Owner

Lakers dont want portland ;)

You would think, watching this game.

A Lakers/Blazers match-up has the potential to go seven games. While the Blazers would lose (and I'm almost 100% sure of that), we still can't win in Portland if they are healthy, and I don't want seven games in the first round. Too much going on.

You would think, watching this game.

A Lakers/Blazers match-up has the potential to go seven games. While the Blazers would lose (and I'm almost 100% sure of that), we still can't win in Portland if they are healthy, and I don't want seven games in the first round. Too much going on.

For some reason i see every team in the west that will be in the playoffs will take the Lakers to 7 games besides Mavericks, and Jazz.

• Owner

For some reason i see every team in the west that will be in the playoffs will take the Lakers to 7 games besides Mavericks, and Jazz.

With this Kobe Bryant, they won't need to go seven games.

I honestly think we could take the Lakers in the first round with a healthy Roy. Just imagine if we had a healthy Oden and Przybilla and the Lakers had Drew. I'd like to see that in a 7 game series, both teams with completely healthy rosters. That would be one of the most exciting series to watch in basketball.

the pti guys said something pretty interesting about the gasol 3. they said that how gasol is always complaining about not getting enough shots touches etc. and how kobe takes to many shots etc.. they think phill was trying to send a msg to gasol pretty much saying shut the [expletive] up and let kobe do work. and i think its pretty spot on.