Bynum or Lopez?

Poe

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The numbers favor Bynum slightly, but I feel like Brook's better now, and will be better.

Bynum is also on a much better team, so less attention is drawn to him making it easier to score. Also, one more stat that favors Brook is that he is an 80% FT shooter and Bynum is 70%.

Yeah, that's definitely true. Devin is a better PG than the Lakers have, but besides that, the whole team is dramatically worse.

I think Brook will have better numbers than Andrew this year, because he's going to have a better team around him. People would say that Andrew doesn't get as many shots as Brook or whatever, but their field goal percentages are basically the same and they score almost exactly the same amount, so unless FTs are way different (I know they don't score off 3s at all haha, idk if either has ever even made one in the pros) they probably shoot about the same amount.

I hate bringing up the team thing, but it definitely shows that Brook would probably benefit from playing on the Lakers.

• Owner

You could also use the argument that Bynum's stats aren't where they would be if he were more involved in the offense. If Lopez was playing for us, this upcoming season, he'd be the fourth option on a team with Kobe, Gasol and Artest.

But, with that said, I don't know who I'd take. Brook looks to be very promising as an up and coming big man. If Bynum were to stay healthy, he'd be better than Lopez in the future.

So if this question is asking who is better at full health, it's Bynum.

If it's asking who is better at this time, and if things continue on the same road for Andrew (in terms of injuries), it's obviously Brook.

I hate bringing up the team thing, but it definitely shows that Brook would probably benefit from playing on the Lakers.

The team around a player is definitely a factor to how well they play. Especially a team like the Lakers. When you've got good passing big men in Pau, Odom, and Walton, and having arguably one of the best players in the NBA, plus having one of the best coaches in NBA history, while being personally trained by a Hall of Famer... you can't say that it doesn't help, haha.

• 2 weeks later...