Real Deal

I think that the Hawks should have a lineup of:

PG: Bibby

SG: Johnson

SF: Williams

PF: Smith

C: Horford

6th man: Crawford

If it were up to me that is what I would do. I think that having Crawford come off of the bench and provide instant offense a la Jaon Terry and Manu Ginobili would be perfect.

• Owner

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of having Bibby run the point, Crawford at the two and Joe Johnson at the three. Johnson played the three in Phoenix and in Atlanta's offense, I don't think it would be that big of an issue.

But then again, they'd have Teague and Williams coming off the bench. Not that great.

Bibby

Johnson

Williams

Smith

Horford

Second unit

Jeff Teague

Jamal Crawford

Mo Evans

Zaza Pachulia

Randolph Morris

Randolph would only be in if they don't get Flip back, or any other FA. If they have Flip too, then the guards get even more crowded.

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of having Bibby run the point, Crawford at the two and Joe Johnson at the three. Johnson played the three in Phoenix and in Atlanta's offense, I don't think it would be that big of an issue.

But then again, they'd have Teague and Williams coming off the bench. Not that great.

yeah thats wat i was thinking put jj at the 3 and then u got marv as your 6th man

Edited by MoeRoadKill

I'd rather have Williams in the starting lineup and have Crawford coming off of the bench. Williams is the more rounded player and better defender than Crawford is. Having the more versatile Williams in the starting lineup would make more sense because he is the better defender, rebounder and he doesn't demand the ball much offensively. He is fine with playing off of the ball and considering the fact that Bibby and Johnson will have the ball in their hands for the most part, it makes sense to have a guy that doesn't need the rock to be effective alongside them.

I think that if Crawford were to play alongside Johnson and Bibby, he wouldn't be nearly as effective as he is at his best when the ball is in his hands and he is creating something off of the bounce. If he is on the floor for the majority of his time with Bibby and Johnson, his biggest strength of creating will be somewhat negated as Johnson and Bibby would the primary creators on the floor. If you have Crawford come off of the bench it adds a prolific, albeit somewhat inefficient, scorer that can put points on the board in a hurry. When Johnson or Bibby go to the bench he can take over some of the ball handling responsibilities.

I don't know though, I just think that Crawford's skillset would allow him to become one of the best sixth men in the NBA and wouldn't really gel with JJ and Bibby's skillsets. Meanwhile, I think that Williams skillset is much better suited playing alongside playmakers like JJ and Bibby. Having Williams in the starting lineup makes the most sense to me but who knows what will happen.