Chicago @ Green Bay

alcstarheel

• 4 weeks later...

Chicago is going comes out and wins big. Overall Breakdown, bears offense is much better than packers defense, greg Olsen will have zero competition in the packers new 3-4 defense. Im seeing a big day for forte/olsen/hester. Bears defense will be back in 06 form, expect Rodgers to have a tough day. Bears win 38-6. Cutler wins player of the game.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOOOOOTBAAAAALLLLLL, cant wait.

Chicago is going comes out and wins big. Overall Breakdown, bears offense is much better than packers defense, greg Olsen will have zero competition in the packers new 3-4 defense. Im seeing a big day for forte/olsen/hester. Bears defense will be back in 06 form, expect Rodgers to have a tough day. Bears win 38-6. Cutler wins player of the game.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOOOOOTBAAAAALLLLLL, cant wait.

LMAO

I'm going to rub it in sooooooooo bad

hey lkr, how bout we make a lil bet. If bears win sunday night, which they will, you have to make a post explaining, the complete glory history of the Chicago Bears, change your signature and avatar to a photo of my choice, for one week.If the packers win Sunday night, I will do the same vice versa.

hey lkr, how bout we make a lil bet. If bears win sunday night, which they will, you have to make a post explaining, the complete glory history of the Chicago Bears, change your signature and avatar to a photo of my choice, for one week.If the packers win Sunday night, I will do the same vice versa.

I like this idea. ^_^

Packers passing attack is going to kill the Bears all night.

lol right man, packers zero ground game, and rodgers against our front 4, its gona be a total sackfest for Rodgers, if he doesn't get injured by halftime. Bears defense over matches the packers offense, and our offense wayyy outmatches their [expletive]ty 3-4 defense, were their star player does not even like to drop back in coverage, its gona be a long night for dem puckers. Dont forget, we got the nfls most electrifying player, on OFFENSE, with the biggest arm in nfl, throwing to him.

lol right man, packers zero ground game, and rodgers against our front 4, its gona be a total sackfest for Rodgers, if he doesn't get injured by halftime. Bears defense over matches the packers offense, and our offense wayyy outmatches their [expletive]ty 3-4 defense, were their star player does not even like to drop back in coverage, its gona be a long night for dem puckers. Dont forget, we got the nfls most electrifying player, on OFFENSE, with the biggest arm in nfl, throwing to him.

lol saw something like that coming

I hope Hester does well but I also will not be surprised if Harris or Woodsen dont let him get off the line. The Bears getting a win depends on Forte.

By all accounts, the Packers transition to the 3-4 has gone better then most team's transitions in three or four years, say Arizona. Dom Capers knows that defense inside and out, despite perhaps not having the greatest personnel for it, it's better then what you think.

The Packers secondary always has their way with the Bears receivers. Didn't you know that? You think Jay Cutler is going to rip up Charles Woodson and Al Harris for 300 yards plus? You're dreaming.

How the hell do you expect to bring pressure with that defensive line? Your going to have to bring linebackers. Timo off the strongside isn't a good idea, he's better in coverage, so is Briggs. Urlacher is too slow to cover the deep middle anymore, and your defensive line is terrible, with Tommie Harris being incredibly overrated now.

Rodgers will throw for more yards passing. Guaranteed. He led the Pack to 38 first-half points against the Cardinals in the decisive third game of pre-season. He looks better then ever, he's making smart decisions and his arm is great. Bears secondary is terrible. You talk like this is the Bears D that lead them to the Super Bowl, when it's about two notches below that.

By all accounts, the Packers transition to the 3-4 has gone better then most team's transitions in three or four years, say Arizona. Dom Capers knows that defense inside and out, despite perhaps not having the greatest personnel for it, it's better then what you think.

The Packers secondary always has their way with the Bears receivers. Didn't you know that? You think Jay Cutler is going to rip up Charles Woodson and Al Harris for 300 yards plus? You're dreaming.

How the hell do you expect to bring pressure with that defensive line? Your going to have to bring linebackers. Timo off the strongside isn't a good idea, he's better in coverage, so is Briggs. Urlacher is too slow to cover the deep middle anymore, and your defensive line is terrible, with Tommie Harris being incredibly overrated now.

Rodgers will throw for more yards passing. Guaranteed. He led the Pack to 38 first-half points against the Cardinals in the decisive third game of pre-season. He looks better then ever, he's making smart decisions and his arm is great. Bears secondary is terrible. You talk like this is the Bears D that lead them to the Super Bowl, when it's about two notches below that.

lawl, first things first. PRE SEASON IS PRE SEASON. I could care a hoot how a team preforms in the pre season. The LIONS last year finished 4-0, with the fewest points allowed last season.

Charles woodson, while still a decent cb, is not getting any younger or faster as he is now 33 years old. Al harris, who is now 35 years old, will probably lose his starting roll by mid season to backup cb tramon williams. Packers secondary is really not that scary, the only player I like is free safety collins. And yes, I do expect the bears receivers to get open on the packers secondary, mainly do to the speed mismatches they produce. Another fact, packers linebackers do not have the speed or skill to cover the bears tight ends, either greenbay will have to bring in the safety's, which will lead one on one coverage with the wr's, or have their linebackers constantly freeze up. Packers bringing Kampman out to coverage, is not his natural position, and already stated he hated dropping back in coverage. Its going to take time for the packers defense to adjust to thier 3-4 scheme, against teams who will be actually be game planning against them. Lets not also forget, the packers last season were ranked 25th against the run. I expect matt forte to have a solid game.

And how the hell do i expect to gain pressure with this defensive line? Same reasons we got pressure back in 05/06 seasons. This time, however, we got the best defensive line coach in the nfl with Rod Marinelle, and if you payed attention to any of the practices this off season, you can sense a different vibe with the defensive line. They will be playing back to the same level of intensity they played in the past, guarantee it. Tommie overrated? Maybe, hes has had some injures the past few seasons, but if you look at a pure statical point, he still had a very solid season last year, and i expect him to do even better. Still a very young player.

Brian Urlacher, while i agree he will never be back to the form he was in 2000-2005, due to age, will be vastily better this season than he has the past 2 years. Heres some big difference, this offseason he did not have to worry about a new contract nor rehab from surgery. He also gained 10 pounds this offseason, which puts him back to his similar weight in 2007. Here is a few quotes Urlacher had to say to the Chicago Tribune,

"I'm back," Urlacher said when asked about the play. "I feel good again. It feels good to be able to move around. I can run and sprint now. I even look fast sometimes.

"It has been two years since I felt normal. I still have aches and pains. I'm 31 years old -- I'm going to have pains. But I'm moving as well as I have in a long time, and it's exciting."http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-05-pompei-bears-chicago-aug05,0,3479460.column

Lance Briggs, don't really need to explain much, always brings his "a" game week in and week out. The guys a beast

Pisa Tinoisamoa i believe is vastly superior to our previous line backer Hunter Hillemeyer. He played very solid with the rams, but was released cause he does not fit their new scheme. I feel lucky that we were able to pick him up. Bears this season, will have the most athletic line backing core in the nfl.

Rodgers passing more yards than Jay Cutler in this game? You serious? Rodgers is a good quarterback, and i will give him that, but he will not put up better numbers than jay cutler in this game, especially against the bears defense, you can count on it. Past 2 seasons, bears defense has been on the field the most minutes, and plays, which would wear down any team defensively. Now with the addition of cutler, the bears will be able to sustain longer drives, and keep the defense off the field nice and healthy. The packers are really one dimensional, and bears will only really have to play against the pass. Bears answer to creg jennings and donald driver? Well if you want to look at last years stats, neither player had a dominating game against the bears. Neither put up a 100+ yards, nor more than 1 td. Donald driver only has 2 career touch down catches against the bears.

My final projections for this game, bears will score 30+, leaving packers in the 0-17 point range. The main question for the packers is, can their offense keep up with the bears offensive attack?

^LOL

Bears: What offense?

Bears have a very underrated fast offense, any team with players such as Greg Olsen, Desmond Clark, Matt Forte, Devin Hester, and Jay Cutler, is a good offense. Other players such as Earl Bennett, who used to play with Jay Cutler back in college, already has developed good chemistry with each other, and will be a deadly combo.

lawl, first things first. PRE SEASON IS PRE SEASON. I could care a hoot how a team preforms in the pre season. The LIONS last year finished 4-0, with the fewest points allowed last season.

The third pre-season game of the year is as close as it gets to a regular season game. In fact, teams probably come out more flat in the first game of the regular season than the third of the pre-season. I know the Lions finished 4-0 last year, good point. But, scoring 38 points on a defense that carried the Cardinals team (well, pretty much) to a Super Bowl appearance in ONE HALF, is very, very good. There's no different way around it. It's impressive.

Charles woodson, while still a decent cb, is not getting any younger or faster as he is now 33 years old. Al harris, who is now 35 years old, will probably lose his starting roll by mid season to backup cb tramon williams. Packers secondary is really not that scary, the only player I like is free safety collins. And yes, I do expect the bears receivers to get open on the packers secondary, mainly do to the speed mismatches they produce. Another fact, packers linebackers do not have the speed or skill to cover the bears tight ends, either greenbay will have to bring in the safety's, which will lead one on one coverage with the wr's, or have their linebackers constantly freeze up. Packers bringing Kampman out to coverage, is not his natural position, and already stated he hated dropping back in coverage. Its going to take time for the packers defense to adjust to thier 3-4 scheme, against teams who will be actually be game planning against them. Lets not also forget, the packers last season were ranked 25th against the run. I expect matt forte to have a solid game.

Charles Woodson was as close as you can get as a shutdown corner last year. He allowed passes to be caught, sure, but that was the nature of the Packers defense. They played a soft man-to-man last year, almost a zone. They showed Tampa 2 on occasion, because they didn't have the oppurtunities to blitz, the linebackers aren't blitzers, outside of Barnett. Hawk's more of a coverage guy now. Poppinga was just useless, lol.

Dom Capers was enamored with Al Harris during Training Camp. Couldn't have enough good things to say about the guy. He's a great man-to-man guy who can still lockdown great receivers on occassion. He's not any push over like you're suggesting. He'll probably see a move to free safety in a year or two, but for now he still remains one of the best in the game. His game isn't Ronde Barber-level yet.

Kampman would hate dropping into coverage because he's not meant to do that. I thought it was silly to change him into the linebacker, but they'll probably use him like the Ravens use Suggs, or how the Jets plan to use Gholston, in the predator, which will have him blitzing the quarterback most of the time. BJ Raji is starting, and looked great in his time in pre-season. He's a space eater who's going to allow Kampman free rushes at the quarterback. Teams will have to play 2-TE sets against that, and it only limits the oppurtunities that you suggest teams might have. Dom Capers isn't a dumbass, you know that right? He was one of the leaders of the 3-4 in the '90s. He brings pressure, there's a reason teams still want him to run their 3-4's for them.

Of course Matt Forte is going to have a good game. He's a great back with excellent vision and foot placement.

And how the hell do i expect to gain pressure with this defensive line? Same reasons we got pressure back in 05/06 seasons. This time, however, we got the best defensive line coach in the nfl with Rod Marinelle, and if you payed attention to any of the practices this off season, you can sense a different vibe with the defensive line. They will be playing back to the same level of intensity they played in the past, guarantee it. Tommie overrated? Maybe, hes has had some injures the past few seasons, but if you look at a pure statical point, he still had a very solid season last year, and i expect him to do even better. Still a very young player.

I sense the same vibe in that Dusty Dvorcek is done for another year, Tommie Harris was borderline brutal and looked like his knee is more troublesome then he believes, and the ends brought varied amounts of pressure. Sure he had a decent year last year, but he's a quality caliber player still who's the only threat on that defensive line.

Yeah, Marinelli is a good D-Line coach, but that's about it. “I don't think you look backwards.”

Brian Urlacher, while i agree he will never be back to the form he was in 2000-2005, due to age, will be vastily better this season than he has the past 2 years. Heres some big difference, this offseason he did not have to worry about a new contract nor rehab from surgery. He also gained 10 pounds this offseason, which puts him back to his similar weight in 2007. Here is a few quotes Urlacher had to say to the Chicago Tribune,

If you're still playing the Tampa 2, it'll be the Urlacher we saw the past two years. Too stiff in coverage, not the player in run support he used to be. Of course he's going to say he feels good, all players say that, you make it seem like he's going to be the DPOY. He's too slow to play that deep zone in the cover 2.

Lance Briggs, don't really need to explain much, always brings his "a" game week in and week out. The guys a beast

Pisa Tinoisamoa i believe is vastly superior to our previous line backer Hunter Hillemeyer. He played very solid with the rams, but was released cause he does not fit their new scheme. I feel lucky that we were able to pick him up. Bears this season, will have the most athletic line backing core in the nfl.

Seahawks say hi. Jets say hi. About half the league says hi. Urlacher isn't athletic, I'm sorry. Briggs, I'll give you. Did you see Pisa in St. Louis? I guess he's an upgrade over Hunter, one of the worst starters in the league last year.

Rodgers passing more yards than Jay Cutler in this game? You serious? Rodgers is a good quarterback, and i will give him that, but he will not put up better numbers than jay cutler in this game, especially against the bears defense, you can count on it. Past 2 seasons, bears defense has been on the field the most minutes, and plays, which would wear down any team defensively. Now with the addition of cutler, the bears will be able to sustain longer drives, and keep the defense off the field nice and healthy. The packers are really one dimensional, and bears will only really have to play against the pass. Bears answer to creg jennings and donald driver? Well if you want to look at last years stats, neither player had a dominating game against the bears. Neither put up a 100+ yards, nor more than 1 td. Donald driver only has 2 career touch down catches against the bears.

Totally serious. I'll count on it with a bet if you'd like to throw down on one. Rodgers will have more passing yards, loser sports an avatar of the winning quarterback, and a short and sweet paragraph about how the winning quarterback is soooo good. Deal?

If you mean sustain longer drives by making errant throws and trying to do too much with the football, then yeah, sure. Ryan Grant was banged up last year and wanting a new contract. You played that game earlier in the post, I guess I can use it now, huh? Packers zone-blocking system was beginning to work for Grant towards the end of the year, and Brandon Jackson will break out this year.

The Bears have no answer for Greg Jennings. Those stats of Jennings are from last year. Stats from last year bear no meaning on this year. Who do you expect to shut down Greg Jennings? Nathan Vasher? Please do.

My final projections for this game, bears will score 30+, leaving packers in the 0-17 point range. The main question for the packers is, can their offense keep up with the bears offensive attack?

Well, they showed it in pre-season. Cutler looked alright, the bookend tackles are going to be terrible. Orlando Pace just got dominated at some points during pre-season. The Bears don't have an offense that will score 30 points. It just won't happen.

I'll take something in the neighbourhood of 20-16 Packers.