Dallas @ Philadelphia

alcstarheel

My bad, let fix that. Romo best CAREER QB rating in the 4th quarter out of any QB in the league. Hang onto your 44-6 game all you want Cowboys 1-0 against the Eagles this year

What is that QB rating in December/January looking like? Honestly, I am not trying to be a smart [expletive], but it's the truth. It's hard to call Romo the most clutch QB in the league when he is generally known as a choker down the stretch.

Sorry for Generalizing Smitty but from what Ive seen on this site so far before you posted it was all about how injuries this that and there were the reason the Cowboys got lucky.

And who cares about last year? It was last year and neither the Cowboys nor the Eagles won the Superbowl so they both failed. Im not saying Romo is amazing or the savior or the biggest clutch Qb but if you hold on to games last year then can I still hold on to the three superbowls the Cowboys have won in my life? Once the season is over, that game is over it no longer matters. All that matters is the result of the Superbowl.

Sorry for Generalizing Smitty but from what Ive seen on this site so far before you posted it was all about how injuries this that and there were the reason the Cowboys got lucky.

And who cares about last year? It was last year and neither the Cowboys nor the Eagles won the Superbowl so they both failed. Im not saying Romo is amazing or the savior or the biggest clutch Qb but if you hold on to games last year then can I still hold on to the three superbowls the Cowboys have won in my life? Once the season is over, that game is over it no longer matters. All that matters is the result of the Superbowl.

The teams are relatively the same since that 2007 Game and until Romo can win a game with something on the line he is a choker. The Cowboys have noone on the team since the Superbowl games. Completely different. 44-6 was a legendary [expletive] whooping.

I second Phightin's. Let's see that December/January QB Rating!!

To be fair Romos not the Qb to choke in the Superbowl and choke in three consecutive NFC championships.

You are right, he choked in the regular season instead. The fact that McNabb has even been to multiple conference title games and a Super Bowl shows that he can at least win games after Thanksgiving, something Romo has yet to do. I think this is a tired argument but when you make stupid points like that one, I can't help but laugh.

Edited by Phightins09
  • Like 1

You can laugh all you want, im not arguing Romo hasn't choked because I know he has. But the past is the past. Do I think Romo is a probowler? No. Im just saying last year means nothing now, period. If it is continued to be used to make yourself feel better or to try and brag its simply sad.

Brag about what? As I said in my initial post in here, I am not trying to be a smart [expletive].. Fish was trying to portray him as a clutch QB, and I pointed out that I'd like to see him win big games down the stretch/in the postseason first. What is wrong with that? Unfortunately for you, it is a valid point. And if you cannot see how laughable your post saying "well at least Romo didn't choke deep in the playoffs" is, then I don't know what to tell you.

You are right, he choked in the regular season instead. The fact that McNabb has even been to multiple conference title games and a Super Bowl shows that he can at least win games after Thanksgiving, something Romo has yet to do. I think this is a tired argument but when you make stupid points like that one, I can't help but laugh.

Owned

No I was talking about Diesel talking about 44-6 from last year. It is a valid point that Romo hasn't been able to win down the stretch, I am not debating that at all. I am just saying the past is the past and if someone is still talking about 44-6 it is pathetic.

It happened less than a year ago.

If the past is the past I guess the game on Sunday doesn't mean anythig either since it came in the past after all.

Edited by Diesel

Im saying if its not this season, its not relevant. The eagles offense has more weapons this year then they did last year with McCoy and Maclin. Does that mean that Pitt should still be good now because they had McCoy last year?

The Steelers also won the superbowl last year but are not even leading their own division now? Does the Superbowl win right at this moment in time effect how the rest of the league should just forfeit against them now?

Im saying if its not this season, its not relevant. The eagles offense has more weapons this year then they did last year with McCoy and Maclin. Does that mean that Pitt should still be good now because they had McCoy last year?

The Steelers also won the superbowl last year but are not even leading their own division now? Does the Superbowl win right at this moment in time effect how the rest of the league should just forfeit against them now?

obviously.....

but you cant completely forget about the past either. you know the cowboys were thinking about that game last year, just as teams know they are playing against the defending superbowl champions when they play the steelers. things change every year, but everything doesnt reset

Im saying using it as a sense of bragging is pathetic when its been in the past like that. Im sure the Cowboys are using it for motivation but it doesn't do anything now when the last game played the Cowboys beat the Eagles so.

what??? you have changed your argument so many times, i dont know what you are trying to say anymore

What is that QB rating in December/January looking like? Honestly, I am not trying to be a smart [expletive], but it's the truth. It's hard to call Romo the most clutch QB in the league when he is generally known as a choker down the stretch.

I don't believe he choked. I believe he had bad games against tough defenses.

Last year the Cowboys played

@ Pittsburgh

home vs NY

home Vs Baltimore

@ Philly

4 very tough matchups all 4 teams made the playoffs

I believe it's more of a coincidence that the easy part of Romo's schedule was before this. He is alotted a few bad games against 4 excellent defenses.

If you watch the playoff matches you would know Romo played excellent.

@ Seattle - very tough place to win, he drove his team all the way down the field in the 4th quarter, 1 muffed snap away from a win.

home vs NY - played great and if his WR's help him out a bit more and is not going against one of the best pass rushes in recent history he gets a win there two

Romo has actually played very well in the playoffs

In 2007 Romo had a difficult December as well but did he need to play well? There was no reason to. The week after thanksgiving Romo wrapped up homefield advantage by outplaying Favre's Packers. No easy task that year.

Do you really thing the month changing from November to December affects him? It is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Meerly a coincidence that dumb analysts blow up and repeat to sound smart.

Do you really thing the month changing from November to December affects him? It is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Meerly a coincidence that dumb analysts blow up and repeat to sound smart.

It really is not dumb at all. Is it also a coincidence that December is when the intensity kicks up as the playoffs near? May very well be a coincidence, but Romo will need to prove that himself.