if you were..

moeroadkill

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

a player in the nba such a Chris Anderson and Paul Millsap.. Martin Gortat players who played a big role on their teams at the end of their contract would you...

a)..Look for the team that is playing you the most $$?

http://www.otrbasketball.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif ..Stay with your team (loyalty)?

c)..Go to a championship contenders and take a pay cut?

i think some guys these days a just money hungry

me.. i would want to go on a contenders team and try to win a ring.

EDIT: Stupid smiley. :(

Edited by MoeRoadKill

It depends though... at what stage of your career... Gortat is still young so he wants to cash in. Andersen turned his career and life around in Denver (rehabilitate there) and would definitely prefer Denver over other teams unless Denver offers $4 mil, and another offers $9 mil. But I believe if the offer difference is insignificant like $0.5 - 1.5 mil, Andersen will choose Nuggets. With Andersen it's about loyalty. Millsap will also want money.

If me, I'd want money definitely.

Definitely get the money when you can. Of course you don't want to leave a contender for the money, but you want to get the money and show that you're worth it. I think that's a pretty huge accomplishment.

The mind set for these guys is to take the opportunities when they get them. Truthfully speaking, winning a championship doesn't guarantee you money to take care of your family and put the best life out there for your kids. When you do win that 'ship, and making 7+ mil a year doing it, that is showing that they team is paying you to give them a chance to keep winning that 'ship.

Trevor Ariza is on that mindset right now. He wants to be shown that the team values his contribution to the title run.

This is a business, and the teams' owners are about money just as the players are.