Nicolas Batum called back to Portland

http://www.portlandtribune.com/news_graphics/122592884344362200.jpg

Nicolas Batum called back to Portland

"Romain Brunet, who writes the the basketball blog Au Rebond for the Web site of French newspaper Le Monde, is reporting that Nicolas Batum has been summoned by Trail Blazers management to return to Portland due to concerns regarding his ailing shoulder. However, he did manage to help lead his French squad to a victory over Italy before making the news public. Here's what Batum and the French Team coaching staff had to say after the game:

The French Team staff received the news during the night in between Thursday and Friday and decided on keeping the information a secret before the end of the match (France's match against Italy). "We didn't want to disturb the team so we just decided not to say anything", said Patrick Beesley after the game. Nicolas Batum did not hide his disappointment over the news, but hopes to make a quick return to the court: "It was perhaps my last match, so I wanted to win at any cost before leaving the team. Tony Parker got back quickly, so I'm hoping that the the same thing happens for me. I'm just taking off to be examined over there, and after that, we'll see what happens."

In addition to breaking the news about Batum's return to Portland, Romain Brunet also had this interview with Batum where he asked the young forward about his shoulder, his offseason development and more:

How is your shoulder, Nicolas ? It's OK, I got back to practicing on Wednesday, the tests confirmed some instability with my shoulder, but I got the green light to play from the doctors. Yesterday, I didn't practice, but that was just a precaution as we just didn't want to take any risks."

---

http://blog.oregonlive.com/blazers/2009/08/nicolas_batum_called_back_to_p.html

Hope he's ok.