Homepage coming up!

Real Deal

Hmm... I guess news feeds from the NBA would be enough. Maybe highlight the gameday topics for the particular day when the season comes around (although that might require someone on the staff to be on every single day). Any chance of getting a splash page?

1. Featured article. Choose a good article from one of your writers, and link to it. But instead of giving the first paragraph or something, describe it. Like: "Several teams have made radical moves this offseason. Erick Blasco gives his take."

2. Pictures. They don't really need to have a central theme or idea (other than, of course, basketball). People like pictures.

3. Quote of the week. Pick a basketball related quote that would make for a good Nike poster. It might sound corny, but it works for iGoogle.

4. Link to this forum. I assume this was a given, but how about a spin: Pick 3-5 of your favorite threads, and display them on the main page. Threads that newcomers will read and say, "Wow, this is high quality discussion. I want to be a member."

5. Links to fun basketball sites/resources outside of OTR. It might sound dangerous (we want people to stay here, right?), but if you're a gateway to things that they wouldn't have known about otherwise, then they'll come back.

6. A game. Some kind of unique app that only exists on this website. I realize that's massively vague...but I'll think on it.

And you could make it Suns-themed. Because purple and orange are just cool.

I really like the Hoops4life homepage.

http://www.hoops4life.com/home/

It features recent articles by the writers on the homepage and when you click it, takes it to the article. Maybe could have that and you could get wordpress on the site and it could go directly to that or AllDayNBA.

A poll would be nice on the front page that could let guests and members vote.

Maybe a news section with the latest going around the league.

And a Youtube section where we showcase a different video every week brought to you by OTR's official Youtube page.

should have a poll every week or so..

scores from the nba, daily (dont know the work involved)

a writer from otr to put up a article every few days or daily?

or maybe a slideshow of like 3 or 4 of the otr articles... nba.com how they have a slideshow with pics and a story behind it

B we have to create a game :D

I like the ideas, but we want it to still be unique you know. Have an OTR flavor. We don't want it to look like NBA.com, we want it to be distinguishable. That is what is going to be tough.