BC in Talks for Banks For Carroll

Doc

I know for a fact Bryan’s trying to trade Marcus Banks and is working all his GM buddies to see if he can get something done. What he’s going to have to do, I would surmise knowing how money-conscious GMs think – is find some team that is willing to take on two years of Banks to get rid of three or four years of someone else.

And if you’re Bryan, unless the guy coming back makes less annually than Banks in the next two years, I think you have to resist the urge to pull of a deal. But – and this is a big ‘but’ – the fact that a handful of the current contracts expire after this season or next may allow Bryan to do just that.

If he can find a team willing to take two years and about $9.4 million of Banks, and take back, say, three years and $12 million of someone else, that’s the kind of trade he has to swing

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/2009/08/a-whole-lot-of-stuff-and-a-pick-for-a-favourite-dancer.html

Edited by Doc

Raptors Discussing Banks For Carroll Swap With Dallas

The Toronto Raptors are considering a trade of Marcus Banks to the Dallas Mavericks for Matt Carroll, according to league sources.

The discussions are currently in their preliminary stage.

Carroll has four years left on his contract, he’ll make $4.7 million this season, $4.3 million in 2010-11, $3.9 million in 2011-12 and $3.5 million in 2012-13.

Banks has $4.53 million this year and $4.8 million in 2010-11 remaining on his current contract.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61211/20090819/raptors_discussing_banks_for_carroll_swap_with_dallas/

Honestly, I would almost rather keep Banks and just ride out the two years left on his deal rather than take on four years of Carroll. I get that Carroll makes less money towards the end of his deal, but I don't know if I would pull the trigger to be honest.

Edited by Built Ford Tough