Who is the face of the NBA?

kingfish

???  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

LeBron. Kobe is the most skilled but come on now.

LeBron is way more marketable, more popular and more liked, so its easily, even the biggest kobe homer knows this.

Nah dude you got it twisted. Kobe is more loved world wide. He got the most love in China during the olympics, and his jersey sales are the highest in China. When you think of the NBA you think of Kobe because hes the world champion and hes probably the most fun to watch right now. Maybe its just where im from because Kobe is loved in so cal, but im sure all over the country hes the most popular, and hes definitely the most popular world wide. I dont think its any contest who foreign NBA fans like most, its Kobe.

Nah dude you got it twisted. Kobe is more loved world wide. He got the most love in China during the olympics, and his jersey sales are the highest in China. When you think of the NBA you think of Kobe because hes the world champion and hes probably the most fun to watch right now. Maybe its just where im from because Kobe is loved in so cal, but im sure all over the country hes the most popular, and hes definitely the most popular world wide. I dont think its any contest who foreign NBA fans like most, its Kobe.

Its impossible to tell who is more loved worldwide, LeBron gets a ton of love too. Plus, the media loves LeBron and half the people in the US think Kobe is a rapist or adulterer, sad truth.

• Owner

LeBron. Kobe is the most skilled but come on now.

LeBron is way more marketable, more popular and more liked, so its easily, even the biggest kobe homer knows this.

You aren't the face of the NBA until you win a title. That's the excuse they gave Hakeem Olajuwon for years, and Karl Malone as well...although the truth was that Jordan existed. I don't see why that suddenly changes for LeBron.

And Kobe seems to be much more liked in China and Spain than LeBron is. That has a lot to do with Gasol and the fact that Bryant is always in China, for something, but that's all a part of being the face of the league.

You aren't the face of the NBA until you win a title. That's the excuse they gave Hakeem Olajuwon for years, and Karl Malone as well...although the truth was that Jordan existed. I don't see why that suddenly changes for LeBron.

And Kobe seems to be much more liked in China and Spain than LeBron is. That has a lot to do with Gasol and the fact that Bryant is always in China, for something, but that's all a part of being the face of the league.

There is no rulebook of being the face of the league. LeBron is more marketed, has more commercials, and all that other crap. who cares if you are loved by a bunch of spaniards and chinese. Everyone that isnt a homer knows LeBron is indeed the face of the league.

• Owner

There is no rulebook of being the face of the league. LeBron is more marketed, has more commercials, and all that other crap. who cares if you are loved by a bunch of spaniards and chinese. Everyone that isnt a homer knows LeBron is indeed the face of the league.

So...that must be why Kobe's jersey sales beat out LeBron's yet again? Is that why Kobe and LeBron were both doing Vitamin Water, and both are doing Nike commercials together (as puppets)? Is LeBron promoting Sprite today? We know why Kobe lost Sprite. Why did LeBron?

What happened to The LeBrons commercials?

Wasn't Kobe on a Guitar Hero commercial?

Doesn't Kobe have the Broken Ankles commercial?

Didn't Bryant jump over a car in a commercial? How about a pool of snakes, with Jackass?

Isn't Kobe on the NBA 2k10 cover?

Didn't Lil Wayne write a song just about Kobe Bryant?

Let me know what LeBron has done in the last year. Thanks.

So...that must be why Kobe's jersey sales beat out LeBron's yet again? Is that why Kobe and LeBron were both doing Vitamin Water, and both are doing Nike commercials together (as puppets)? Is LeBron promoting Sprite today? We know why Kobe lost Sprite. Why did LeBron?

Didn't Bryant jump over a car in a commercial? How about a pool of snakes, with Jackass?

Every player has his share of commercials but LeBron has way more. From insurance, football commercials, powerade to his shoe commercials, he is easily the most marketable athlete. Being on a cover doesnt mean anything, soccer's 2 biggest marketable players havent even been on a Fifa cover (Cristiano Ronaldo/David Beckham). Wow lil wayne made a song about Kobe, I can find like 20 rappers who have mentioned LeBron in one of their songs.

lol success has nothing to do with being the face of the NBA. When has tim duncan been the face of the NBA when he had all the success with the Spurs, you are bringing up invalid points to make your case look good.

• Owner

Every player has his share of commercials but LeBron has way more. From insurance, football commercials, powerade to his shoe commercials, he is easily the most marketable athlete. Being on a cover doesnt mean anything, soccer's 2 biggest marketable players havent even been on a Fifa cover (Cristiano Ronaldo/David Beckham). Wow lil wayne made a song about Kobe, I can find like 20 rappers who have mentioned LeBron in one of their songs.

lol success has nothing to do with being the face of the NBA. When has tim duncan been the face of the NBA when he had all the success with the Spurs, you are bringing up invalid points to make your case look good.

I gave you commercials, advertising, championships, jersey sales, other countries, and all you're giving me is that "LeBron is the most marketable athlete."

So...not sure where else to go with it.

I gave you commercials, advertising, championships, jersey sales, other countries, and all you're giving me is that "LeBron is the most marketable athlete."

So...not sure where else to go with it.

LeBron is on more commercials and is advertised more, Kobe has international jersey sales but in the US I think its LeBron. Seriously, why bring up championships in every thread about LeBron and Kobe, if someone made a thread comparing their heights, are you gonna bring up championships there too?

LeBron is on more commercials and is advertised more, Kobe has international jersey sales but in the US I think its LeBron. Seriously, why bring up championships in every thread about LeBron and Kobe, if someone made a thread comparing their heights, are you gonna bring up championships there too?

LMAO, but LeBron got a Smaller PEEEENESSS.

So who is more marketable now?

Derrick Fisher more of an NBA face than John Stockton. ;)

I have to say LeBron. Yes Kobe has the rings but LeBron has the popularity.

lebron. he doesn't deserve to be it, but he is already treated like he is in the same conversation as hall of famers. kobe hasn't been the face of the nba for a while now imo. ever since his incident in colorado it seems like the nba has tried to ditch him and even make him look like a villain at one point, but with his undeniable talent he always in the conversation among fans. in 06 lebron was still more popular than wade, but i felt like they were trying to make wade the posterboy. but right now its lebron regardless of all the negativity surrounding his actions lately.

This should end the debate..

Let's also not forget he just won his title on his own and won Finals MVP.

LeBron, because he is more likable, provides the most highlights, and is the most physically dominant player in the league right now. Not to mention he's much more exciting to watch than Kobe Bryant is at this time to the typical fan. When the Cavs came to Philly everyone was going "wowowowow" over LeBron doing his warm up dunks and what not. The reaction Kobe got was getting booed everytime he touched the ball. And this is in his hometown too. When the topic of Kobe is brought up to a bunch of guys the rapist thing is still always thrown in there somewhere.

The reason Kobe sells more jersey's is because he's on the Lakers which is the most bandwagoned team in the NBA and he changed his jersey like two years ago.

LeBron has become a bigger household name than Kobe.

Bryant, although I could've argued LeBron before he declined to shake hands with Orlando, the dunking incident, the Check My $tats shirt, and the MVP shirt.

Other than haters on the basketball forums I don't think I've talked to one person who gave a crap over not shaking hands with Orlando and most people arn't aware of the MVP shirt or the check my stats shirt probably. I don't see how LeBron's MVP shirt is any different than Kobe's shirt of the 4 rings.

Kobe also gets MVP chants everywhere he goes, even in the Boston garden. And hes the only person to get it in Madison Square Garden, when Lebron showed up a week later he didnt get anywhere near the same reception. Just sayin.

• Owner

Kobe gets booed in Philly because he broke Wilt's high school scoring record, beat Iverson and the Sixers in the 2001 Finals, and left that city with nothing but memories of Moses Malone and Julius Erving.

If you think Kobe gets booed a lot in Philly, just wait until LeBron goes to Orlando next season. But I'm sure you won't be changing your tune, regardless.

The only people that speak about Kobe's 2003 incident are those who hate the Lakers and Kobe, just like the Jordan haters that still claim he's the biggest reason for his father's death.