Kings PG and SF dilemma?

Evans should start at point guard even if he might not be completely ready for it. The Kings aren't going to be relevant at all next season and the entire season is going to be devoted to developing their young players. They might as well start him from the get go.

Also, Udrih is a good point guard when he isn't forced to be a player that he is not. Last season too much was asked of him and he struggled as a result of that.

As for small forward, I would probably give the nod to Nocioni. He gives them a tough, gritty player at the 3, but to be perfectly honest, I don't think it really matters either way who starts at the 3 for them next season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

I think the small forward spot can be debated, but there's nothing that convinces me that Udrih should start over Evans. Sacramento could've picked Jordan Hill, or someone else to fill a few more holes in the frontcourt, but it was obvious that Beno was too overwhelmed as the starting point on a team that really doesn't have enough talent to make the playoffs.

While Tyreke was once considered the best player in the draft, he's still not good enough to throw this team into the playoff loop...but he gives them a better chance than Beno does.